Forget about him

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly Daly

Reserve Grader
Forget about DL there will be so many mixed
Reports about his jaw no one will know
Until game day if there real issues there they will just use it to put us off, he will play and best Moving on

The rumour mill suggests that the Broncos will demand that Gallop allows Lockyer to play wearing a Gridiron helmet. Expect Gallop to cave in. Like Lockyer's face.......

webby66 said:
The rumour mill suggests that the Broncos will demand that Gallop allows Lockyer to play wearing a Gridiron helmet. Expect Gallop to cave in. Like Lockyer's face.......

I just had a mental image of T-Rex stiff arming Lockyer & Locky's facemask caving his face in. Good times.

If it is actually a depressed fracture of the cheekbone then he won't play, no matter how much he or the Broncos want him to, just not going to happen. Though as Hoppasgottastay said, we aren't going to know jack until the 11th hour, no point worrying about it.

There is no doubt he will play injured. They just said on Triple M he should play and that Matty has played with the same sort of injury.

manlyfan76 said:
He wil play injured.

He risks a bone fragment blinding hìm.

I think he is so over the hype. Last week's voluntary tackle spoke volumes about his commitment.
He got them another week, the legal Manly shoulder charges are all that await him now.

If He dosent have a broken jaw and plays we will break his heart when we smash the Broncos!!!

They said on the today show this.morning he doesn't need scans and is definitely playing.
Insert #birdreference here.

Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Griffin to announce at 12:30pm (EST) whether Darren Lockyer will play against Manly. Watch the press conference Live on Fox Sports News (Channel 513).
from here

HE has had 3 plates put in his face. If he is allowed to play it is bringing the game into disrepute. I haven't checked all the recent posts but am sure someone has raised this. It is bad luck for Locky, but he knows he's been lucky ebnough to play more games already than any other player.

I reckon he is 1 milion to one against playing, if they fluke a win he will have to decide again about the GF (and still won't be a chance of playing).

Didn't Brett Kimmorly play last year for the bulldogs last year or possibly the year before a week after the same kind of injury?

Let's just hope Manly stay right out of the argument, especially our club doctor. We don't want another "he could die" a la Andrew Johns and his punctured lung in 97. If the Broncos want to take the risk with Lockyer that's up to them.

We will beat them either way.

The NRL have a duty of care as his employer. They insist on a break for players who have concussion so why not with broken facial bones. Juat stupid and a blot on the game. Mums wouldn't want to see this.

Ceagle said:
God said:
Didn't Brett Kimmorly play last year for the bulldogs last year or possibly the year before a week after the same kind of injury?
No he didn't return for 3 weeks.

Kimmorley had 3 fractures in his cheek bone. Not sure how many Lockyer has or if it makes a difference as to how many weeks they miss.

Hoppasgottastay said:
Forget about DL there will be so many mixed
Reports about his jaw no one will know
Until game day if there real issues there they will just use it to put us off, he will play and best Moving on

Agreed, all we can do is concentrate on what we can control. We have an excellent and very confident team that are more than capable of winning either way.

Prepare like he is playing, and let the media and the Broncos stress about whether he actually is playing or not.

Simmo said:
Let's just hope Manly stay right out of the argument, especially our club doctor. We don't want another "he could die" a la Andrew Johns and his punctured lung in 97. If the Broncos want to take the risk with Lockyer that's up to them.

We will beat them either way.
'one bung lung"

Wayne Bennett's comment that the Broncos cannot beat Manly without DL might have been a sly tactic to motivate his old club against us on Friday night. The Bronco players would not have liked hearing it, so it will motivate them to prove him wrong if Lockyer doesn't play. But our side will be too slick I think anyhow. And we are the only Sydney team left!

If I remember correctly, Tooves played the 96 GF with a similar injury (his was a fractured eye socket and was told he risked being blinded by playing). Despite Mark Coyne trying to whack him in the head with one of his first touches he played a blinder (no pun intended) and won the Clive Churchill Medal. One of the toughest dipslays I've seen.

Eaglette Fan said:
Wayne Bennett's comment that the Broncos cannot beat Manly without DL might have been a sly tactic to motivate his old club against us on Friday night. The Bronco players would not have liked hearing it, so it will motivate them to prove him wrong if Lockyer doesn't play. But our side will be too slick I think anyhow. And we are the only Sydney team left!
No doubt about it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8