forget the gloom-what about 6 and 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I find it absolutely amazing we have laid our hands on DCE and Foran at the same time.It is a big call but I reckon DCE is an even more gifted footballer than Kieran.Even Foran's junior peers have been amazed at his incredible improvement in the playmaking stakes to add to his sensational toughness while IMO DCE has all the tools ready to go.Between them they are an brilliant duo and must be the envy of the other clubs who just can't find one half,let alone 2.They are clearly the two best young players in the game.

These guys will ensure more trophies on our glittering shelf and des,crusher and co should take a bow.

Yep, DCE was sensational last night, practically won us the game on his own (and I love the fact that it was Hayne who bought his dummy-and-run both times). He's been taking more control over the last month or so, which probably explains why Foran has been a little quieter than usual. But I love them both and hope they never leave:)

Well said Susan. DCE has won us as many games single handedly, as Foran has.
Our bright future will be assured whilst ever we have these 2 blokes to build a team around.

Great post ridgepipe. I like how if one is a bit quite the other steps up.

There's alot talk about this kid in reserve grade ricardi being **** hot as well wonder if he has the potential to be converted to 9 like Melbourne did with that scumbag smith. Future could be stunning.

Cherry has outshone foran lately. Fora. Has been quiet since those few big hits he copped. I wonder if its on purpose to be fresher for the finals or a mental thing. He just doesnt get enough ball. That i guess could be down to cherry being more dominant too.

Andy 1972 said:
Daly has to be rookie of the year. He is something special.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Agreed DCE was Alf Langer and Johnny Gibbs rolled into one last night. He sure did save our ass.

Its a lot harder for Foran to always have an impact each game when he is posted on one side with less overall touches and ad lib play on both side of the field compared to DCE .With teams more prepared and easily reading Foran especially with forward moving defensive lines as a result of lack of go forward this change of attacking emphasis was to be expected---it is basically forced to happen.

For a first year half DCE has out performed any rookie half in recent memory and already is blessed with good all round skills---even showing composure occasionally---not always but its obvious he will develop into a more composed half in the future.

susan said:
I find it absolutely amazing we have laid our hands on DCE and Foran at the same time.It is a big call but I reckon DCE is an even more gifted footballer than Kieran.Even Foran's junior peers have been amazed at his incredible improvement in the playmaking stakes to add to his sensational toughness while IMO DCE has all the tools ready to go.Between them they are an brilliant duo and must be the envy of the other clubs who just can't find one half,let alone 2.They are clearly the two best young players in the game.

These guys will ensure more trophies on our glittering shelf and des,crusher and co should take a bow.

Add me to those thoughts, and well said Susan!!

I concur.

Living in QLD you never hear boo about Manly: the QLD league "experts" had us written off before the season began, with Foz given credit but DCE hardly mentioned let alone rated.

These two are a halves combination you can build a great team around, and we need to lock them in for as long as possible. Whilst I'm absolutey stoked with how well this season has panned out thus far, I'm really looking forward to next year: with a year together in the top grade they will be a killer combo in 2012!!

Every premiership winner or dominant teams have proven it that you need solid players in the key positions of 1, 6, 7 & 9.

I wouldn't change ours for anyone.

Technical Coach said:
Its a lot harder for Foran to always have an impact each game when he is posted on one side with less overall touches and ad lib play on both side of the field compared to DCE .With teams more prepared and easily reading Foran especially with forward moving defensive lines as a result of lack of go forward this change of attacking emphasis was to be expected---it is basically forced to happen.

Then you must have known about this well in advance.

Please be sure to keep us all up to date before these things happen. Ta.

I've said this before about DCE, but he is so unique. I can't recall a halfback with his range of skills, particularly the ability to fend and offload. Its going to be a great next decade or so watching him do his stuff, I'm sure there will be some times when it won't work so well, but I'm confident he and Foran will be one of the great scrum base duo's.

Love this thread - with huge respect to Foz who has & will continue to improve as a playmaker DCE is already up near the best & what i love - he is starting to believe it & really back himself. The perfect combo as you stated - Foz is the ultimate warrior & lifts the team when things go flat with a big hit or a tough run, while DCE is constantly searching for creative options off the ball. As the thread states "forget the gloom" because if our fowards stand up Manly will be 1 hell of a machine to stop!!

nothing sums DCE up more than throwing two dummies against one of the "best" players in the NRL in one game.

for one, who throws dummy's anymore, brilliant in it's simplicity but he sells them so well, especially when he dummy's draws draws a defender back toward him and passes, like the first try on Saturday night.

second, how confident is he to try that sort of stuff at all, let alone against players that so many commentators have touted as the best player ever to lace on a boot.

He obviously feels like he belongs in the team and can play as well as anyone else out there. What more could you possibly want from your half back?

Has all the skills, some toughness, makes a tonne of tackles (including a bloody good one on Fui Fui) and is a great play maker. Give the kid another couple of years and we will have one of the best half backs you will see.

I know that some players decline after their first year, but if he keeps improving he will play for QLD without a doubt

DCE = Toovey with a long kicking game + goal kicking?????

We can only hope.

In the last two weeks I've been delighted to see DCE's pace - I was really quite surprised. He doesn't fade over the longer sprint. And his maturity at considering the options once he is in the open shows a calm head in the heat of battle.
KF shows his maturity in another way. He is not trying to hog the limelight. He plays it as he sees it and steps up when he needs to... and when the option is on. He may not always throw the last glamour pass as he is about to be crucified, and he may not always take on the line and barge his way through closed doors, but when he is called to - he does.
Manly is incredibly fortunate to have these two options, and with them, all the dynamic forwards and centres to run off them.

yes it's been a long time since I have seen any club have two young players and particularly halves at one go.

We obviously spent a lot of recruitment time and money looking for halves a few years back, and that is paying dividends now. To have had Hodkinson, DCE, Foran and also Riccardi whom we hear a lot about is great

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2