Forum User Guide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Attached is a reasonably comprehensive user guide for most of the forum functions and features. Kindly donated by a friendly Warriors fan who uses the same platform for their fan forum.

It covers most of what you need to know and is a handy reference. Maybe check through this first if you have any questions and then feel free to ask if not covered.

One thing worth noting is that the "report post" process is completely anonymous and the author of the post you are reporting cannot see that their post has been reported. The moderators obviously can see who reported what, but that information will never be disclosed should action have to be taken on a post. The "report post" function is important because the site isn't under full time moderation 24/7 and we rely on the good judgement of other members to alert us to offensive users and/or posts.

However please note that reporting a post does not guarantee any action will be taken, each case is judged against the T&C's of the site and handled accordingly. Also we will generally not enter into any correspondence about moderation action (or inaction).

Any discussions you wish to have with the moderation group regarding specific subjects can be started in the appropriate forum below

http://silvertails.net/forums/leadership-private-enquiries.47/

Feel free to raise questions here regarding the user guide. Also feel free to add any hints or tips here and we may be able to add to the guide.

Attachments

• Forum User-Guide.pdf
    599.6 KB · Views: 48
That just opens up gobble gook for me but all I really wanted to know is how can I change from being a " well known member " , I think that sounds a bit lame, so how do I change it ??

I had a look on my profile and clicked everywhere but can't see where it can be altered.

Is there an android app for the site,

No we could possible allow tapatalk or forum runner, but they come with an inherant security issue and I lose control of design and all of the additional features such as tipping compe and news can be delivered.

I have considered developing an android app myself, but I just don't have the time to invest vs the return on that.

Is there a particular issue that you need addressed for it working on Android? I can probably arrange notifications to android devices that open up the mobile web version

@Dan no issue just that apps seem to be how I roll these days. I'm not very computer savy so I'm surely could be using the site easier.

I only learnt how to tag people a month ago after four years on here,
Tagging is much easier in this software.

However those features are lost in a mobile version because the mobile apps for this software aren't designed solely for this software.

It's true mobile app usage vs mobile web is an interesting statistic and mobile apps is running that race, however there is no straight app I could use and the cost of making one is just too prohibitive, I considered buying vbulletin which does have an app but the quality of that software is terrible

profile posts v conversations

conversations are now what the site uses for what was called "private messages" on the last site.

Updating a profile posts means we can all see what you wrote.

So telling dan you've donated $100 and or want the trolls banned are all public.

Don't care? You're welcome. :)

Good point GE.

If you want to start a private discussion with someone then use the Conversation "system". This is available by clicking on the little envelope icon in top RH corner, or is available from your profile page or the menu under your avatar. Or directly from another users profile page. Conversations are like what used to be Private Messages (PM's).

If you post a message on another users profile page (profile posts) then this is public and can be seen by anyone who visits that users profile page and some are broadcast on the main forum page on the RH column under recent posts.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6