Forward Pack 2016/17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Just a rundown on 2016 with the addition of 2017 signings.
Keen to see the ratings out of 10 based on THIS years efforts from the forwards.
Healthy debate is good & always like to see others point of view....

Jake T - 8/10 - Massive work rate with the best tackling technique in the game.
Some doubt him as a Captain but this local junior will grow into those boots 100%

Kapow - 6.5/10 - Started his Manly career a little slowly due to positional changes & adapting to longer minutes but really came good in the last 5-6 weeks - Big, powerful, massive metres - will only improve in 2017 & shown he has a top offload for WILLING support players.

Lussick - 7/10 - Copped a bit early in the season, but had won the support of most Manly fans by seasons end as the Packs most intimidating player - making strong charges with the ball & his contact in defence was a highlight in a team that often lacked energy....

AFB - 6.5/10 - Only young with his best ahead, but was a handful running the ball & has some aggression which was good to see...2017 will be in rep contention imo.

Myles - 3 - Decent defence, but looked flat from game 1 in all honesty...slow & predictable & did not give near the Origin style leadership Manly were hoping for....

Buhrer - 7.5/10 - No suprise after coming back from long injury - the team improved....quality player who has added steel to his game....a big fan of this bloke.

Leary - 4 - Personally think this blokes a decent player but in reality, is a poor mans Buhrer - not ideal to carry too many lightweights, or be prepared to be dominated. NSW Cup

Starling/Burgess/Brown - 2.5/10 - Brown the pick due to utility value but really...a massive disappointing 2016 by all...Starling has gone backwards, Burgess lives on Sam's rep & Brown not up to it.

Parcell - 6/10 - Showed some spark but his injury plagued season stopped any consistency & looked a little lost at times....expected more, but maybe needed this season to adjust....also his key strength of exposing back peddling defence did not show due to a lack of urgency by our attackers to play the ball quickly in the ruck.

Korisau - 5 - Some great plays spoiled by poor passing & poor options...unconventional style not helped by lack of organisation across the park - to fit in needs more organisation in the halves otherwise gets lost. Can't fault his effort - great commitment.

Vave - 6/10 - Great attacking impact in many games, offloads were good also, but caught out in defence on many occasions trying to keep up with the game, especially laterally.

2017 - Lane - ? - Big lump is a top talent who will add plenty to those edges in attack & create opportunities - this should also help Walker & Tom T who will cash in once he regains confidence lost, playing in NSW Cup in a country he obviously didn't want to be in.

2017 - Meehan - ? - Absolute monster who has great potential - if he doesn't read his own press & gets serious with his attitude, has the attributes to be up with the best...has abused his natural gift with poor calls in the past - 2017 will make or break him.

8. Lussic
9. Api/Parcel
10. AFB
11. Buhrer
12. Tapou
13. Jake

14. Brown(can't see him being dropped)
15. Meehan
16. Myles
17. Lane
18. Hopoate

I'm looking forward to this fella providing some mongrel

image.jpeg

• Tapau way better than 6.5 and went well since about rnd 7. More like an 8.
  • Not sure if Buhrer is a 7.5 - more like 6.5 - 7
  • As much as I don't rate Starling - 2.5 is not realistic - more like 4.5
  • AFB more like 6 - good start from him in his first year, but he wasn't almost as good as Lussick (7) who had an excellent 2nd half of the year
The rest seem about right.

We are set to have the best forward pack in the nrl, especially if Gillett joins the side. Marty Tapau was sensational for us and only lacked attacking mongrel when covering injuries in the prop position due to fatigue from all his hard defensive work. He always gave his all particularly in the back end of the season and next year will prove to be one of our best ever signings i believe, this season deserved an 8, as did Lussick. Addin Fonua Blake was a standout and played with all he had for us every game, deserved a 7.5 I think. Certainly agree with Myles and Brown but they truly deserved a flat out 0, Brown at least tried hard in some games but Myles is just a disgrace. Totally agree with Vave, was a great impact player off the bench but fell away in his lazy defensive efforts at times. Starlo, well i was disappointed, used to leave no petrol in the tank and played with his heart but this year showed otherwise, terrible defensive errors and little attacking impact left him a certainty to leave the club. Jamie Buhrer is another that always played with his heart and was no different this season, kept it up for the 12 or so games he managed to play without injury. Jake Trbojevic was among our best forwards, perhaps even better and will grow in the years to come. Then we have our upcoming forwards in Meehan, Hopoate and Lane who will all just add to this perfect forward pack, they will all be stars in the future and hopefully at manly...

We are set to have the best forward pack in the nrl, especially if Gillett joins the side. Marty Tapau was sensational for us and only lacked attacking mongrel when covering injuries in the prop position due to fatigue from all his hard defensive work. He always gave his all particularly in the back end of the season and next year will prove to be one of our best ever signings i believe, this season deserved an 8, as did Lussick. Addin Fonua Blake was a standout and played with all he had for us every game, deserved a 7.5 I think. Certainly agree with Myles and Brown but they truly deserved a flat out 0, Brown at least tried hard in some games but Myles is just a disgrace. Totally agree with Vave, was a great impact player off the bench but fell away in his lazy defensive efforts at times. Starlo, well i was disappointed, used to leave no petrol in the tank and played with his heart but this year showed otherwise, terrible defensive errors and little attacking impact left him a certainty to leave the club. Jamie Buhrer is another that always played with his heart and was no different this season, kept it up for the 12 or so games he managed to play without injury. Jake Trbojevic was among our best forwards, perhaps even better and will grow in the years to come. Then we have our upcoming forwards in Meehan, Hopoate and Lane who will all just add to this perfect forward pack, they will all be stars in the future and hopefully at manly...

Gillett won't be here mate. Peter Badel mentioned on NRL Tonight this evening that he'll be re-signing with the Broncos during the finals series.

Gillett won't be here mate. Peter Badel mentioned on NRL Tonight this evening that he'll be re-signing with the Broncos during the finals series.

Moley from RLW, said Manlys offer is now 2.6 million for 4 years, Donkeys only offering 1.8 Million, he's a young bloke and whilst he'd love staying with his mates to forgo $800,000 would be madness.

Badel, is a Donkey through and through, don't read anything into what he says

I would rate starling and Myles around 4.
Overated Lemon Brown deserves a 1 at best.

The rest seem about right.

There would be egg on plenty of faces if the Lemon Brown thread was bumped.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4