Forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pepi

Bencher
Got to give it to the forward pack for their effort against a huge star studded roosters pack. Not many would have given them a chance on paper at the start of the year.
Lawrence did a good job leading from the front. 15 runs 145 m
Starling had a bit more leg drive tonight, I'm warming to him. 12 runs 98 m
JSL poked his nose through a few times, and played long minutes. I really like this guy, very mobile and explosive. 11 runs 93 m
Lui did well in slippery conditions and got use rolling forward
Horo, Buhrer were solid. Tom S a bit quite but to be expected in his first game.

Good aggression tonight, and defence was solid. Really shut down the Roosters roll on.

Yeah JSL looks the goods. He has some solid runs and its clear tooves can see a bright future from him.

Also got praise for lui, i think he has been damaging aswell.

Already our pigs are proving critics wrong yet again. Was there ever really any doubt? Kudos to Tooves, Donny and Dave Warwick...and esp to the men themselves!

Lawrence was back to his best. Starling n Lui better again. Choc was Choc! Matty B was almost faultless as usual. Horo n Ferris solid and JSL looks to be finally finding his feet.

Our handling at times wasn't great, but theirs' was worse. Put that down to the conditions and the intensity out there.

We are looking OK and bugger the knockers and critics all day.

Hasson pulled out with illness only an hour or so before the match (Toovey said in presser), so Tommy S came in at last minute.

No King, Gift gone from early on (were we one man down on the bench even though that was foul play???) it augurs well for our depth, I smell another grand final coming folks.

I agree totally @Killer03 so far.

Hope these new guys can maintain this effort over a full, gruelling 26 rounds etc.

And yeah, we did it tonight without Kingdog, Hasson AND Gift, as mentioned.

If we get a reasonable run with injuries, and get Snake behind them for a share of games...lookout!

Happy days ahead, I'm hoping.

I thought Starling was really good tonight. Seemed like the first game where he thought he really belongs. Agree on JSL, he has showed something just that little bit different in the last 2 games where you think he could really develop into somebody with a bit of a x-factor about him. Not sure what that means for Hasson who I really like, but he's probably going to spend a while in the reggies.

As said, across 26 rounds we will need more than a starting pack + 4. So it's good all of these blokes are all looking like first graders, not overawed, mobile, tough, etc.
Plus we have mr superman tackle machine at hooker.
and good prospects coming into view or back from injury sometime.

Definitely big ticks for the props. JSL is absolutely killing it, must stay on the bench. Lui improving, Starling top notch.

One knock is Buhrer spills the pill too often and gives away too many penalties. Something to work on anyhow.

Ian Martin tragic said:
and good prospects coming into view or back from injury sometime
Yes, Turbo and Chee Kam will get a run as the season rolls on plus we have Elephant arriving.

Shoe1 said:
Jsl, earned a spot for the rest of the year

At one stage there, he lined up as a prop in the scrum and I said to myself, "What's Kitey doing back in Manly colours?"

I'd have to rotate the props they are all going that good I don't want to drop any of em, Time to give Lawrence a break next week and give King dog a run. Week after that may be Hasson in and Starling gets a rest. Etc;-) Yep the forwards are smashing.

Great problem to have. Can't really separate Starling, Lui, Hasson, JSL, and Symonds. All should also continue to improve. Great depth.

Anyone know where we can find minutes played? Can't seem to find them on normal stat sites this year. Keen to see how they were used. My perception was that Symonds didn't play many minutes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6