Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Losing Tony Williams is a tough pill to swallow, on the back of JWH, Tasi and Lussick going also. Here are our remaining forwards, and their relative ages:-

Older first grade Players
Jason King: 31
Matt Ballin: 28
Brent Kite: 31
Anthony Watmough: 28
Joe Galuvao: 33
Glenn Stewart: 28
George Rose: 29

Younger first grade Players
Vic Mauro: 25
Jamie Buhrer: 22
Daniel Harrison: 24

Fringe first grade Players
Tim Robinson: 24
Nick Skinner: 24

My point is our succession is looking quite thin, isn't it? Does anyone with further knowledge know of any sleepers we have, or are there are players in the works?

Will we have the right mix next season (noting all players will be another year older than above)?

Interesting times ahead.

bones, we need an intimidator in the forwards, and we lack that now, so I hope your right mate, but I also doubt it.

If we could land Manu, and re-sign Lussick, we may be looking a bit better I guess.

Can't see how we could afford Manu, unless Lussick is gone as well. Last couple of weeks Lussick is starting to show what he is capable of. Would rather he stay, than signing Manu.

SIKA SEACHANGE

Watch for Manly to have a crack at Melbourne forward Sika Manu. The Sea Eagles are expecting to lose big Tony Williams to Canterbury with Manu seen as a potential replacement. Manu is experienced and powerful.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/tackle-rears-its-ugly-head/story-e6frexnr-1226381944117

The forwards we have now will do the job for the next twelve months. A lot can change in a year. There are big wraps on Jake Trbojevic. Mauro will improve as he gets older. I think Sika Manu would be a good signing if it comes off. I haven't seen James Cunningham play but a few posters on here have good things to say about him. In twelve months time there will be a whole lot of different players form other clubs off contract. I understand your concerns but I wouldn't worry about it. The fact they are chasing Manu means they know what position they need to look at and are doing it. If they miss out on him, I'm sure they will turn their attentions to someone else. This club has had a history of finding the right players long before Hasler came and will continue to do so in the post Hasler era as well. All is good.

We have young jake t in toyota cup whose a prop of the future. We might be able to keep lussick now Rex-h is gone.

the mauler said:
Can't see how we could afford Manu, unless Lussick is gone as well. Last couple of weeks Lussick is starting to show what he is capable of. Would rather he stay, than signing Manu.

The bulk of the Storms cap is tied up with just a few players, I really doubt it if Manu is on more than $250,000, T-Rex knocked back over $400,000 from us, so there must be room to move there, perhaps even retain Lussick and Ballin.

Peter C said:
the mauler said:

The bulk of the Storms cap is tied up with just a few players, I really doubt it if Manu is on more than $250,000, T-Rex knocked back over $400,000 from us, so there must be room to move there, perhaps even retain Lussick and Ballin.

What about the $$$$ to upgrade DCE, Foz, Matai ect??? That's why we've had go shed a few players, can't see how we'd have money to buy anyone else. Unless we've also lost Lussick or Ballin then we would have some money to have a crack at Manu.

Props coming through are Jimmy Cunningham, Magnust Stromquist and Jake T.

Would love Jimmy C to be given a shot this year as he hasnt been begging to be picked and having seen him in person at the cricket he is one big unit, looks like Perry in 08 (not tubby bear Perry)

I say we poach a few bulldog juniors from their forward stocks in the lower grades, Dale Finucane and Martin Taupau look great.

So our pack next year

8 king
9 ballin
10 kite/ Shackleton
11 watmough
12 Bruher
13 Stewart

14 rose
15 joe
16 Chee-kam
17 lussick????
18 mauro
19 Harrison
20 Robinson

I'm just off to watch Canterbury v Auckland play, am sure I can find a couple of big tough hombres willing to sign up and create havoc for 50k

torana355 said:
I say we poach a few bulldog juniors from their forward stocks in the lower grades, Dale Finucane and Martin Taupau look great.

When most of our coaching staff went to the Dogs, I said to kneecap them and go for there juniors.
Glad to see someone agree with me

Kiwi Eagle said:
I'm just off to watch Canterbury v Auckland play, am sure I can find a couple of big tough hombres willing to sign up and create havoc for 50k

Can you dm me the score for that, reckon it'll be a good game

Yeah I hope Cunningham gets a shot this year. He has been out with a broken eye socket most of the season so far - not sure if he was back this week?

Cameron said:
So our pack next year

8 king
9 ballin
10 kite/ Shackleton
11 watmough
12 Bruher
13 Stewart

14 rose
15 joe
16 Chee-kam
17 lussick????
18 mauro
19 Harrison
20 Robinson

I think Nood is retiring at the end of this year. Was pretty close to doing it this year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6