Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pepi

Bencher
Ok this place is a bit negative, so I'm giving a big thumbs up for our pack last night who really gave it to a star studded pack with 7 representative forwards.

Burgess and Mason have been great for us. We haven't had props that can intimidate in defence and make 10 metre hit ups in a while.
Lui has stepped up big time and looks at home in the lock position.
Jake T bends the line, hits hard and has a good passing game.
I thought Sao ran hard and bent the line a few times and looked very mobile last night. Good work Donny
Symonds has been thrown some hospital balls by Cherry recently, but is still very threatening.
Jesse was better last night, I wish he would run at the gaps between players not directly over them.
Mateo looks so dangerous whenever he touches the ball. A real X factor.

Add Tom Burgess to the group and possibly another hard nut like Masoe and we are set I reckon.
Add to that some very talented players coming through such as Demetriou and Mcgreal who could crack firsts as well.

Forwrads have really stepped up the last 2 weeks. Very impressed with Burgess, mason and Lui. Lui has really lifted his game. Would love Mason to stick around after this year as well. Jake T and Sao will be guns I reckon

Ok this place is a bit negative, so I'm giving a big thumbs up for our pack last night who really gave it to a star studded pack with 7 representative forwards.

Burgess and Mason have been great for us. We haven't had props that can intimidate in defence and make 10 metre hit ups in a while.
Lui has stepped up big time and looks at home in the lock position.
Jake T bends the line, hits hard and has a good passing game.
I thought Sao ran hard and bent the line a few times and looked very mobile last night. Good work Donny
Symonds has been thrown some hospital balls by Cherry recently, but is still very threatening.
Jesse was better last night, I wish he would run at the gaps between players not directly over them.
Mateo looks so dangerous whenever he touches the ball. A real X factor.

Add Tom Burgess to the group and possibly another hard nut like Masoe and we are set I reckon.
Add to that some very talented players coming through such as Demetriou and Mcgreal who could crack firsts as well.

Can't agree with you more. When you consider the forward pack last night held their own without the likes of Starling and Lawrence not to mention Gift and Choc who I know were a thing of the past, we certainly did well up against a Dogs forward pack none of which were missing. When it came to deference, Kasiano, Williams, Graham, Toleman, Prichard etc were stopped in their tracks. Not bad.

What I am excited about is the youth coming through the lower grades, especially NYC, who to date have won all three matches played convincingly. I'm sure Manly will be a force in the future which leads me to believe will Manly really spend on marquee players, perhaps one maybe tow, or start blooding some of the forwards in the lower grades who will be hungry and more than likely want to play for Manly.

I have liked what the big boppers have been doing. The negative, if I can do that in this positive thread, is that overall the game was pedestrian. I never felt we were really going to get the points needed on the scoreboard. It is terrific that they held their own against a very good dogs' pack and three weeks in means there is a long way to go. I'm not sure who will have the big X factor in the pack to break a game open. But I can only be hopeful that it is there somewhere.

I have liked what the big boppers have been doing. The negative, if I can do that in this positive thread, is that overall the game was pedestrian. I never felt we were really going to get the points needed on the scoreboard. It is terrific that they held their own against a very good dogs' pack and three weeks in means there is a long way to go. I'm not sure who will have the big X factor in the pack to break a game open. But I can only be hopeful that it is there somewhere.
I agree, we have a long way to go, bit promising signs. I think our forward pack hasnt had any bite since 2011. I wouldn't mind a line breaking backrower like Guerra or Jackson to bring the x-factor.

I agree, we have a long way to go, bit promising signs. I think our forward pack hasnt had any bite since 2011. I wouldn't mind a line breaking backrower like Guerra or Jackson to bring the x-factor.
Who knows we may already have one in the junior ranks or perhaps a reshuffle of some of our smaller forwards into the second row but totally agree.

Is it wrong that I'm still holding out hope that Chee Kam can bring that x-factor?

Is it wrong that I'm still holding out hope that Chee Kam can bring that x-factor?

Give him a go. Jake T and Sao had big wraps but little prvious game time. Same can be said about Chee Kam. Cant be worse than Horo. Could be that X factor type player with some more first grade experience and injury free.

I'm not opposed to a one or two year deal for Shillington as we've done well salvaging once decent 30+ year olds over the years. Willie too if he wants to go around again but I'd prefer Shillington. I suppose Willie adds value to he team in that he's always willing to front the media of no one else will and will take on any question.

Mateo may be that in the short term.

I'm not opposed to a one or two year deal for Shillington as we've done well salvaging once decent 30+ year olds over the years. Willie too if he wants to go around again but I'd prefer Shillington. I suppose Willie adds value to he team in that he's always willing to front the media of no one else will and will take on any question.
Always found Shillington lives up to his "powder puff" nickname more than often so I think our current crop are much better now and long term. I think Sao will develop into a fearsome front rower and we are more than blessed with some great back rowers. Starling, Burgess, Mason, Turbo, Sao and Lawrence; I think our front row is in safe hands!

Forwards did alright last night but I hoped they were paying attention to graham and tollman. They showed that it is not the metres you make but how you finish up in the tackle. They always finished up on their knees in a tackle not on their stomach or back, resulting in a quick play the ball. It is not exciting, but it is effective.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7