Fox sports reports

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
That we are to have Tom Symonds from the roosters at our club within days, and yet still not being able to register bretts contract?....... would it be because we have gone over or contract / third party issue........ what you all think about tom symonds......if true we have plenty of depth in the back row.

I'm pleased if we get Symonds. He is the rarest of pRL players ... an Easts junior. I can't believe that club. They get a good local and then offload him for the ageing LOD, and seek instant gratification from the overrated Money-Bill.
No wonder they have such a poor culture.
I'm sure if he comes to Manly that he will be much more successful. And he's a redhead like that other useful Manly second-rower of the 80s.

mmm, just checked out the chook pen for the first time, i have never visited another teams forum...... i feel dirty, they have mixed emotions regarding the rumor..... some say injury prone , no loss really. Then somme say local junior with alot to offer if can get fit. So who knows we may have picked up a solid back rower..... they all seem to say hes just a plodder..... time will tell.

The little I've seen of him looked ok. Bit weird that we are signing so many back rowers though.

Kiwi Eagle said:
He is class if he gets a decent run

Agreed. He has a lot of potential as a ball playing second rower, very capable hole runner with great pace. From all accounts he has put on a bit of size as well bwhich is nice. I recall watching him and thinking he had obvious ability but lacked a physical presence.

Regarding players being injury prone, it is a contact sport on the highest rung in regards to the pressures placed on the body through high impact collision. Mal Meninga went through a few seasons where it looked as though he was rooted before finishing his career off with an uninterupted injury free run. Benji Marshall was supposed to be finished with shoulder problems a couple of seasons ago, the list is long.

The reality is that any player can have an injury, do a years rehab only to come back and reinjure himself or break a bone in another part of his body. I agree that certain injuries are career ending and certain players don't have the build or strength in their bones required to play at the top level. I reckon the injury prone line used to describe players who have suffered injuries back to back is in a lot of cases innacurate. The big question should be whether the athlete has the motivation required to get back to the top. These days with all the scans etc that are available means players with weak body parts are exposed.

Bam! Our new dan Harrison. A bit older but was always shafted at the rooters for being a bit skinny or a red nut. I don't like a lot of bloke's from other clubs but this (guess he is not a kid anymore and pushing mid twenties) player has been all class from what I have noticed. Would gav taken him at a good price all through his career.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4