Fox Sports to screen 'Triple M Legends of Origin' Match LIVE!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Fox Sports to screen 'Triple M Legends of Origin' Match LIVE!

Written by: MMM Media
Jan 25, 2011 3:42pm
FOX SPORTS TO SCREEN ‘TRIPLE M LEGENDS OF ORIGIN' MATCH LIVE

FOX SPORTS today announced that it will broadcast Sydney's TRIPLE M LEGENDS OF ORIGIN match from Parramatta Stadium LIVE this Thursday, January 27 at 7.00pm AEDST on FOX SPORTS 1HD and FOX SPORTS 1.

Featuring an all-star line-up of Australian sporting heroes, more than 20,000 tickets have been sold to the match to raise money for the Premier's Flood Relief fund. The Queensland and New South Wales sides will battle it out for the Jordan Rice Shield.

The unique co-production between FOX SPORTS and TRIPLE M will screen LIVE on FOX SPORTS 1HD and FOX SPORTS 1 from 7.00pm, with HG Nelson (Greig Pickhaver), Andrew Johns, Greg Martin and Dan Ginnane calling all the action which will be simulcast on Triple M live on 104.9FM in Sydney and 104.5 FM in Brisbane plus on digital radio station Barry.com.au. Australia's leading general sports website www.foxsports.com.au and www.triplem.com.au will also feature live streams of the broadcast.

A score of the greatest names in State of Origin history (full line-up below) will be involved in the match that will be played in four 15 minute quarters, with the Queensland side coached by Wally Lewis and Phil Gould at the helm of New South Wales. Lewis, Gould and match referee Bill Harrigan will be miked up throughout the match.

The match will also see FOX SPORTS commentators go head-to-head, with New South Wales legends Greg Alexander and Brett Kimmorley as well as Queensland heroes Gary Belcher and Gorden Tallis among those strapping on the boots.

Shannon Noll will sing the national anthem, plus Gyroscope and Doc Neeson from The Angels are locked in to rock Parramatta Stadium in a night that will benefit Queensland flood victims.

Director, FOX SPORTS Channels, Soames Treffry, said: “Triple M and the rugby league community have done a terrific job of turning this around as quickly as they have and FOX SPORTS is only too happy to help in any way we can to ensure this event helps to raise as much money as possible for the Queensland flood victims.

“From a television production side, a big thanks to Global Television and the numerous freelancers, cameramen and production staff who are donating their time to deliver the pictures to FOX SPORTS viewers around the country.”

General Manager, Austereo Sydney, Adam Lang, said: “We're ecstatic that FOX SPORTS has joined us in showcasing the Triple M Legends of Origin match to Australia.

“The Grill Team's Mark Geyer came up with the idea last week and as a credit to the Aussie spirit Sydney is just days away from a sensational spectacle in sport that will raise money for a great cause and pay tribute to flood victims in Queensland and Jordan Rice. We're very thankful to all involved in making this event a reality and are proud of the Triple M staff who are donating their time to run the event.”

FOX SPORTS LIVE coverage of the Triple M Legends of Origin match is available to FOXTEL and AUSTAR subscribers.

INCREDIBLE LINE-UP FOR TRIPLE M LEGENDS OF ORIGIN MATCH:

QLD

Wally Lewis (Coach)
Mal Meninga
Wendell Sailor
Kerry Bousteed
Gary Belcher
Tony Currie
Robbie O'Davis
Adrian Lam
Sam Backo
Kerrod Walters
Gorden Tallis
Mark Coyne
Kevin Campion
Willie Carne
Colin Scott
Jamie Goddard
Mat Rogers
Jason Smith
Andrew Symonds

NSW

Gus Gould (Coach)
Brad Fittler
Benny Elias
Eric Grothe
Gary Jack
Tim Brasher
Brett Kimmorley
Cliff Lyons
Terry Lamb
Mario Fenech
Mark Carroll
Luke Ricketson
Rod Wishart
Bryan Fletcher
Ryan Girdler
David Peachey
Paul Sironen
Greg Alexander
Mark Geyer

REFEREE

Bill Harrigan

TRIPLE M COMMENTARY

HG
Dan Ginnane
Greg Martin
Andrew Johns

Was checking out some news on the FoxSports Website and saw this

LegendsOfOrigin-Strap.jpg

If theyre streaming the game for free on their website that will be fantastic.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/gorden-tallis-and-greg-alexander-prepare-to-play-legends-of-origin-match-for-the-premiers-flood-relief/story-e6frf3ou-1225994274359

streaming LIVE from 7pm (EDT) Thursday on foxsports.com.au and Fox Sports 1HD and Fox Sports 1.

Queensland hardman Gorden Tallis is already promising to go full throttle against his old adversaries in the Legends of Origin clash at Parramatta Stadium - and all for a good cause.

"If they want to run hard, I'll tackle them as hard as they want to run," Tallis told foxsports.com.au of the match on Thursday.

"Simple as that."

And The Raging Bull has it on good authority that the interstate rivalry is alive and well among the game's former stars, with pre-match banter reaching fever pitch among the players most remembered for their Origin passion.

"Mark Carroll won't be able to help himself;" Tallis said.

"I played a game with him not long ago ... it was touch but he tackled Mario Fenech and there was nearly a couple of punches thrown.

"Now those two are going to be on the same side.

"Mark Geyer's been talking it up ridiculous so those two guys I know for a fact cannot help themselves.

"But Sam Backo said he's going to knock them out."

The hard hits aren't Tallis's biggest concern, however.

He said he had to think it over - briefly - when first invited to take part in the fundraiser.

"My first thought was do I really want to go out there and embarrass myself?" Tallis said.

"And I thought, 'yes, because I'm a Queenslander', and that's what happens when the people have gone through what they've been through."

While the entire country has felt the tragedy of the Queensland floods, it is no surprise that the cause cuts close to the bone for Tallis and his Maroons teammates.

"The TV footage didn't do what happened to Queensland justice," Tallis said.

"It was a lot worse to what the coverage was showing.

"I'm just blown away by the generosity of Triple M and Fox Sports for getting behind it and for all the players to put their egos in their pockets.

"I'm really looking forward to (playing) because it was overwhelming what happened to Queensland, and the support that the rugby league community have given has been really overwhelming as well."

Click here to donate to the Queensland flood relief appeal.

The match will feature players whose careers have spanned the past three decades, and New South Wales legend Greg Alexander says the Maroons will have a distinct advantage in the age department.

"Queensland are recruiting a couple of not-so-long-retired players like Kevin Campion and Wendell Sailor, so they've got a couple of blokes who have only just finished playing footy," Alexander lamented.

But Brandy tipped one of the Blues' own "younger" recruits as a potential game-breaker.

"I think Peach (David Peachey) is still playing country football ... he'll be the NSW team trump card," he said.

"But I expect Cliffy Lyons, although he's on the wrong side of 45, to still have it in terms of his ball skills.

"I'm looking forward to watching Cliffy mesmerise the Queenslanders with his ability to offload the footy and stand players up."

So with the Cane Toads promising to bring the biff and the Cockroaches talking up their silky skills, a good old-fashioned Origin battle is on the cards.

But this time around players and fans alike will be united for a common cause rather than divided by state lines.

have to go to the club to watch this .... but i have already asked for a day off this friday & got it.. so works out good ;)

Legends of Origin Match. WILL be available LIVE at NRLFIX.com. The stream will be open to all members! That means that you do not need to have 50 forum posts to watch this game!!

http://www.nrlfix.com/forum/test/cmps_index.php

Geez I hope they put a big stink on like in the old days!!

Geyer V Tallis....I can feel it coming

We might finally get the punchup between Geyer and Lewis that was promised in the early nineties or late eighties.  I still remember that vision and thinking who was going to throw the first punch?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Legends of Origin Match. WILL be available LIVE at NRLFIX.com. The stream will be open to all members! That means that you do not need to have 50 forum posts to watch this game!!

BE,bit new to live streaming.Do I just join that site and then watch the live streaming?Or can i just go on as a visitor and watch it.Will MMM have it streamed through their website?Any other possible sites hosting it?

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186326.msg313361#msg313361 date=1296105391]

BE,bit new to live streaming.Do I just join that site and then watch the live streaming?Or can i just go on as a visitor and watch it.Will MMM have it streamed through their website?Any other possible sites hosting it?
[/quote]

not sure, just go over and register anyways
get your 50+ posts up over the next 4 weeks or so cause that site is great to catch up on NRL during the season if you aint got Fox

edit
You must register to view content on this site

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4