Foxsports adding 2 more HD channels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
FOX Sports has announced two new channels, FOX Sports 4 and FOX Sports 5 -both in High Definition- to launch from Monday, November 3.

This will take the number of HD channels to 7 for the sports broadcaster.

“2015 will be the best year ever on FOX Sports, with more hours of Live, premium sport than we’ve ever had,” FOX Sports CEO, Patrick Delany said.

“To celebrate this new era and deliver fans sport the way it should be – Live and in High Definition – we are updating our channel line-up to include two new High Definition FOX Sports channels. The inclusion of FOX Sports 4 and FOX Sports 5 in our channel offering means fans can enjoy more of their favourite sports Live and in High Definition.

“All our premium sport will be consecutively listed in the Foxtel guide and all will be recordable in HD. An added benefit will be new capacity to add even more enhancements using our innovative RED button feature,” he concluded.

With over 10,500 hours of the best Live sport from at home and around the world in 2015 – including the AFC Asian Cup, the ICC Cricket World Cup, the IRB Rugby World Cup, and more than 1,300 hours of Live motorsport action on the calendar including every Championship Race of the V8 Supercars – FOX Sports is set to break records for the number of hours of Live sports content.

AFC Asian Cup: every match Live – 32 games
ICC Cricket World Cup: every match Live – 49 games
V8 Supercars – every practice, qualifying, Championship race Live
NRL Telstra Premiership: every game of every round of the Premiership Season (5 Live)
Toyota AFL Premiership Season: every game of the Premiership Season Live
Hyundai A-League: every match Live – 140 games
Barclays Premier League: the only place to see every match – 380 games
Asteron Life Super Rugby: every match Live– 125 games
The Castrol Edge Rugby Championship: every match Live
IRB Rugby World Cup: every match Live – 48 games

FOX Sports has been a world leader in enhancing broadcasts with extra vision and statistics using the Red button feature for the past 10 years. The changes to the channel line-up will free Red button capacity, enabling FOX Sports to take enhancement of events to another level next year – right across its wide-ranging, premium Sports offering. Feature holes and features groups across all PGA Tour events and golf majors, an option to choose your own commentary team and simultaneous Live feeds of V8 Supercars are just some of the innovative enhancements on offer on FOX Sports in 2015.

The amped-up Red button feature will be further liberated by broadband with Foxtel’s revolutionary iQ3, which will customise the TV experience seamlessly merging satellite with broadband.

With no such thing as an off-season on FOX Sports, fans will have the choice of 24 entertainment shows between play each week, hosted by the most loved personalities in sport.

The two new FOX Sports channels, FOX Sports 4 and FOX Sports 5, will also be available across Foxtel Play and Foxtel on Telstra T-Box, as well as on the go via Foxtel Go alongside the other FOX Sports channels.

From Monday, November 3, 2014, FOX Sports’ new channel line-up will include six FOX Sports branded channels (FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports 3, FOX Sports 4, FOX Sports 5 and FOX Sports News) plus FOX Footy.

As well as all seven channels being available in High Definition, the new FOX Sports channel line-up will be easier for fans to find in the EPG and all Live sport on the channels will be recordable.

So AFL get their own channel, which runs 365 days a year and by far the biggest purchasers of Foxtel are NRL fans and we don't.

Why??

Mark from Brisbane said:
So AFL get their own channel, which runs 365 days a year and by far the biggest purchasers of Foxtel are NRL fans and we don't.

Why??

Because channel 9 bought the rights to broadcast nrl

Mark from Brisbane said:

Why??

Subscriptions. Thats what it boils down to. Foxtel (and not Fox Sports) are the prime instigators behind the Fox Footy channel. They need the AFL channel to help drive pay tv subscriptions in every state except NSW/QLD. Without an AFL channel, Foxtel subscribers drop off big time. Fox Footy channel is the dangling carrot for all those AFL loving families out there.
Fox Sports 3 (going off memory, i live in London now) is virtually an NRL channel anyway. NRL content is a prominent contributor in the main Fox Sports channels programming - highly doubtful they get their own channel anytime soon

NRL sold their soul to Nein...and in doing so consigned us all to watching fkn Sportsbet market updates every break of play/ ad break.

FOXTEL PLEASE SAVE US! OUTBID NEIN NEXT TIME... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

sorry to those who don't have Foxtel and are probably quite happy with Nein broadcasts - but once you have experienced HD ad free footy (with the added bonus of decent commentary - no Warren/Gould jabbering on), there aint no going back!!

AFL is a **** game, can't stand it. Although i do envy their administration - head and shoulders above NRL. The difference between the codes' TV deals is a great example

Yeah but Nine are pathetic when it comes to their outside broadcasts. Always have been. Everything they do is focused on making as much $'s as possible. Even if its at the expense of live/quality television

Berkeley_Eagle said:
AFC Asian Cup: every match Live – 32 games
ICC Cricket World Cup: every match Live – 49 games
V8 Supercars – every practice, qualifying, Championship race Live
NRL Telstra Premiership: every game of every round of the Premiership Season (5 Live)
Toyota AFL Premiership Season: every game of the Premiership Season Live
Hyundai A-League: every match Live – 140 games
Barclays Premier League: the only place to see every match – 380 games
Asteron Life Super Rugby: every match Live– 125 games
The Castrol Edge Rugby Championship: every match Live
IRB Rugby World Cup: every match Live – 48 games
Notice a pattern there?

I'm certain every EPL game is live (through the Red button at worst), plus I'm pretty sure every ANZ Championship Netball game is live too.

And yet the NRL try to make us all believe the broadcast rights are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Thank god for livestream is all I have to say.

Allright!!!!

2 more HD channels full of 'world championship poker!'

cant wait

whatever happened to Nine's promise in the new deal that Rugby League will be in HD at some point in 2014.. (at first it was "from 2014", then once season started it changed to "at some point"..... running out of time

* Nine will broadcast in HD from 2014.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nine-and-fox-sports-to-retain-nrl-rights/story-fndujljl-1226454690915

Gould announced this in October last year.
"NRL matches in 2014 will be shown in HD by Channel 9 after technical restrictions preventing such broadcasts have now finally been remedied"

Quick, NRL you did have a clause in the deal that if the broadcaster failed on their agreement you could can it... didn't you.... oh it's the NRL, sorry, ignore me.

Lets see a bit more NFL and Canadian League please I cannot stand Soccer.

I have been a subscriber since 1998, so help me out.

Daddycool08 said:
Lets see a bit more NFL and Canadian League please I cannot stand Soccer.

I have been a subscriber since 1998, so help me out.

I believe Ch7 has signed a deal to show NFL games this season.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2