Foz has Snoz qualities

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Foran has many similarities to Laurie Daley IMO......more so than any other past 5/8. Geez this could be a history making squad. No wonder Hasler went all out for him, his use of T Rex as a decoy is lethal. Love him!

How do you like them apples Technical Coach.......LOL

That is blasphemy for a Manly fan to call Laurie Daley, and even included him in the same sentence as the great 'Snoz' O Conner.

Snoz = M O'connor dude.
Daley has a big beak not the crenellated monstrosity on snoz's face. How did he get through a rugby league career without getting it splattered all over the place?

but yes there are similarities. both stinging defenders. daley probably a bit more lethal and quick as a runner. foz might turn out to be a better ball player.

How embarrassing for me........mistakenly referring to Loz as Snoz. I think Foran has more Laurie Daley similarities than Joey Johns. Both started as centres who are at their best in terms of ball playing when attacking the line. Both possess very good short kicking games and both play/ed alongside halfbacks who possessed a great long kicking game as well as bring more natural ball players Stuart and DCE.

And both are bruising defenders

For mine, foran: tough defender, good ball player, runs through the line, straight player, intense all game, good short kicker, a scrapper, mixes it with the forwards on the edge.

Daley: fast, ran around players, moved his half play closer to outside backs, rather than the forwards (2nd receiver), not a creative ball player, not an outstanding short kicking game, not an aggressive defender, great attacking instincts at pace, not a scrapper. At his best playing Deep with space to run.

Brookie said:
i see similarities with toughness between k-foz & 2V

Couldn't agree more. Foz is our next captain as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of a captain and coach being more in sync with their playing personas. Toovs inspired his team mates as a leader and Foz will do the same thing.

Utility Player said:
Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it but what about Twenty as a nickname for Foz
Actually I suggested it back in about 2008 but it hasn't really caught on yet. Still hoping though :)

Both ultra competitive, great defensively & more ball runners than passers of the footy is the similarities.
Daley had loads more explosive pace but Foz runs to the line way more direct, sacrificing himself to give his outside man that short ball-attacking AT the line.
Daley played before & through the line, either passing early ball to big Mal & Co or running across field to beat his man on the outside making the bust or passing in a tackle when through the line.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4