• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

the mauler

Bencher
By Steve Mascord of APNZ

Kiwis' and Manly halfback Kieran Foran says his suspended club coach Des Hasler has mentioned nothing to him about joining the Bulldogs and has described the implosion of the NRL premiers as "sad'' and "disappointing''.

Foran was scheduled to perform media duties in Leeds just two hours after Hasler was stood down by the Sea Eagles, amid reports he had tried to poach the five-eighth to join the Bulldogs in 2013. Foran still fronted a media scrum at the team hotel and said, despite a get-out clause with Manly, he would definitely be at Brookvale next year - even if the coach departed early.

The 21-year-old then rejected suggestions Hasler had even hinted at taking him to Belmore. "Honestly, I have not spoken to Dessie since grand final week,'' Foran said.

Hasler is now expected to join the Bulldogs a year earlier than anticipated, with Geoff Toovey likely to take over the Sea Eagles a year earlier than arranged. Hasler was suspended by Manly for "serious breaches of contract'', believed to be for trying to entice players to Belmore.

Asked if anyone had suggested he join the Dogs, Foran said: "No. I haven't had any contact. When I heard that, I don't know where that's come from, to be honest with you. It hasn't come from my mouth. I haven't spoken to Dessie and that's from the grand final week, presentation night.

"I do have the clause. I think that's well out there now, that I have the clause to leave if I want after next year but I'm there next year and I'm happy there.

"It's sad in my eyes because all the great work you did during the year as players and coaches, to go on and win the grand final, it's almost as though that's all been overshadowed by all the dramas that's going on in the club.

"The fans, players and coaches should be enjoying the fact we were able to win the premiership in 2011. Instead, all the other talk is about what's going on. In my eyes, it's a little bit disappointing.''

Advertisement

Foran was later quizzed on Radio Sport about whether he would consider quitting Manly at the end of next year. "A year's a long time in football,'' he answered. "I'm very happy at the Manly football club. I've got a lot of great mates there. I'm very close with the coaching staff there and I'm happy to stay put. At this present day, I would say I don't want to be anywhere else.''

He said Hasler "has been a massive part of my development as a footballer and he's been a great mentor for me in the last few years and I've got great admiration for him as a coach. But at the end of the day we're a team and we're a close bunch of boys and we did everything we could do to win that premiership this year and ... we're there to play footy and to try to win it again.''

Choc will end up our Paul Gallen. Loose canon at first, but solid as a rock from this point.

Not the time to panic about players. Foz seems solid. Lyon was calm. Watmough solid. Until they start wavering, don't panic. We should stop trying to read to much into what they are saying. All spin anyway

Berkeley_Eagle said:
sounds like its not a get out clause but an option in favour of the player

99% sure that he signed a 4 year deal, 2 years and another 2 with the option in his favour

Kiwi Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
sounds like its not a get out clause but an option in favour of the player

99% sure that he signed a 4 year deal, 2 years and another 2 with the option in his favour

This is what I have been led to believe aswell.

He is gone in 2013 then. If he planned on seeing the last two years of the option out he would say so. The fact he says he will be at Manly at 2012 suggests to me he will not take up the option. The same as when Hasler said to the crowd at the Brookie live site after the GF that he would be at Manly in 2012.

Judging by the one thing he said, i would say he's gone after 2012.

He was very careful in saying "at this present day i am happy here and don't want to be anywhere else".

At this present day!

As Scarlett said......"tomorrow is another day!!!"

His choice of words was eerily similar to Hasler's prior to him leaving.

Unless Toovey makes a massive impression he is likely to move on.

I think some of you guys are really picking apart what Fozzy had to say. I actually thought it sounded really positive.

I'm banking on the bond he has with his teammates, might get manly over the line in retaining him.

Also if he enjoys being coached by Tooves, and we have a successful year Des will be a distant memory.

Dogs need a massive broom and unless they throw a blank cheque his way it would be hard to see him leaving us after we win the comp again......to go to the rable of a dogs outfit. They will not make the finals even with foz! Hodko is no half back! Their combination was ordinary!

Shoe1 said:
Why Ernie? He sounds perfectly capable of speaking for himself. Great stuff kieran, future captain material.

In the end he will go where his agent advises him to.

Do we want Kieran playing ordinary in 2012 because he is worried about what everyone is thinking about him, should have made a decision to leave in 2013.

I think it is unfair to ask him these questions.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6