Free game in Sydney next weekend for members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Good initiative by the Dogs, thought I would chuck it up incase some members want to get in for nothing

"Bulldogs eye party for price
The bulldog are planning to give former club favourite steve price a "Hazem El Masri-style" send-off. The Sunday telegraph has learned the bulldogs will use next weekend's match with the warriors to farewell one of their favourite sons.

It's understood warriors price will next week announce this will be his swan song after 16 seasons.The 36-year-old is likely to return from a heel injury to face his former club after missing the opening three rounds of the premiership and the anz stadium game is set to become one of the most celebrated matches of the year, with the warriors also going all out to honour price's career.

After more then two months of planning, which included the input of El Masri, the bulldogs will allow every NRL club member into the game free of charge so they can pay tribute to one of the code's greatest ambassadors."Steve Price is a life member of the bulldogs and will always be revered as one of our club's true greats" bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenburg said.

"We have been working closely with both Steve and the warriors over the past few weeks in an attempt to acknowledge his incredible contribution to the game of rugby league."Id encourage all fans to be at anz stadium next Saturday night to acknowledge one of our game's true greats and be a part of something very special".

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Good initiative by the Dogs, thought I would chuck it up incase some members want to get in for nothing

\"Bulldogs eye party for price
The bulldog are planning to give former club favourite steve price a \"Hazem El Masri-style\" send-off. The Sunday telegraph has learned the bulldogs will use next weekend's match with the warriors to farewell one of their favourite sons.

It's understood warriors price will next week announce this will be his swan song after 16 seasons.The 36-year-old is likely to return from a heel injury to face his former club after missing the opening three rounds of the premiership and the anz stadium game is set to become one of the most celebrated matches of the year, with the warriors also going all out to honour price's career.

After more then two months of planning, which included the input of El Masri, the bulldogs will allow every NRL club member into the game free of charge so they can pay tribute to one of the code's greatest ambassadors.\"Steve Price is a life member of the bulldogs and will always be revered as one of our club's true greats\" bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenburg said.

\"We have been working closely with both Steve and the warriors over the past few weeks in an attempt to acknowledge his incredible contribution to the game of rugby league.\"Id encourage all fans to be at anz stadium next Saturday night to acknowledge one of our game's true greats and be a part of something very special\".

What an awesome idea. The dogs need to be congratulated for sending off a guy even though he has moved on. Well done.

Good idea.

What a shame it is that Steve Menzies didnt get the same type of recognition from the broader Rugby League community.

When i heard about this it struck me as strange in a way,to farewell a player who once played for your club.I guess i give credit to the dogs for this but it leads me to think that there is some sort of agenda behind it ,as in LOOK AT US!,we are a pack of great guys etc etc...we even give a sendoff to one of our former greats who actually left the club years ago and now plays for another team!

Jatz Crackers link said:
Good idea.

What a shame it is that Steve Menzies didnt get the same type of recognition from the broader Rugby League community.

True, Beaver certainly deserved it. However the 2008 Grand Final was a very fitting farewell in front of a huge rugby league world wide audience with much recognition on the day from all commentators - and what a great role Beaver played in his farewell match.

He'd probably just take the match as a perfect fairytale ending - try and all.

As others have commented, good work from the Dogs management! And so good for the game in general, same as Hazem's farewell match (again free entry) last year. Conspiracies?? Maybe they just love & respect the guy??

If I could be bothered I would love to get out there and give Price the send off he deserves.  This low life was captain of the dogs when they were at their disgraceful best, salary cap cheating, Coff Harbour etcetc.  Then he gets caught in another cap scandal in NZ due to a job offer that was tied into his Warriors contract and not declared.  Good riddance...

Spot on Mata. This "good will" gesture costs the dogs nothing (ie: the seats would be empty anyway) and they will generate sales for food/drink etc and a lot of positive press. It's a smart business move - so kudos for that. Yes, Price was a long term player at the club but pleeeeease, this is his fourth year out of there.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8