FREE Tickets to Semi Finals games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No sorry guys I am not giving away tickets to tonights game BUT the NRL are certainly giving away free tickets to the Souths-Raiders game.

The following was sent to me by an MWTS member who doesn't post on here but wanted this broadcasted.

This is from ONE NSWRL Junior RL District, he thinks in fact these have been offered to all of them, if so it could easily swell the numbers on Saturday night by a few thousand, anyway here's the copy of the e-mail,

Date: Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Subject: NRL Finals Tickets this Saturday

Hi Everyone,
The NSWRL has been able to secure some free tickets for the Souths Vs Canberra game on Saturday night for all junior leagues and I have requested for 250 to be allocated to us.

I'm guessing like previous offers they will be somewhere behind the in goal area but a free ticket is a free ticket!

I will be picking them up tomorrow and if any club is interested in getting some please let me know by Friday morning and I will leave them either at Norths or Asquith Leagues, as applicable, for collection. First in best dressed.

End of E-Mail

If the same wasn't done for Friday nights game then something smells very badly!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
No sorry guys I am not giving away tickets to tonights game BUT the NRL are certainly giving away free tickets to the Souths-Raiders game.

The following was sent to me my an MWTS member who doesn't post on here but wanted this broadcasted.

This is from ONE NSWRL Junior RL District, he thinks in fact these have been offered to all of them, if so it could easily swell the numbers on Saturday night by a few thousand, anyway here's the copy of the e-mail,

Date: Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Subject: NRL Finals Tickets this Saturday

Hi Everyone,
The NSWRL has been able to secure some free tickets for the Souths Vs Canberra game on Saturday night for all junior leagues and I have requested for 250 to be allocated to us.

I'm guessing like previous offers they will be somewhere behind the in goal area but a free ticket is a free ticket!

I will be picking them up tomorrow and if any club is interested in getting some please let me know by Friday morning and I will leave them either at Norths or Asquith Leagues, as applicable, for collection. First in best dressed.

End of E-Mail

If the same wasn't done for Friday nights game then something smells very badly!!
Mark you should cc this to the club asap

It is like a conspiracy going on with the free ticket promotions !!!
I wrote also elsewhere:
.. all the ticket give away promotions have been the Souths v’s Canberra game only ??? – Channel 9 had 100 double passes for that game as promo advertising all week. This morning on the Big Sports Breakfast Radio show they had 5 double passes to the Souths v’s Canberra game?

No mention at all Manly v’s Cowboys ???

I wonder why?

Also – how come every other time there was a full page colour ad (in the Manly Daily) by the NRL for the Semi’s involving Manly.

We had one last week (full page) and both games last year at SFS. None this week??

I rang a mate who's son is playing at half time tonight at the SFS for the Cromer Kingfishers. He got some free tickets to the game. He's not sure though how many the club received.

That may well just be freebies to the kids who play at half time, you'd expect that anyway regardless of the game.......the point at issue here IS,

Have a whole heap of free tickets been given away to the Souths-Raiders game in an effort to inflate the numbers (seems that's a fact).

And if so has the same thing happened for our game???

The nrl may as well come out and say it straight...... we f78ken hate you and are going to do all in our power to give you the raw deal whenever we can, tonights game should be at brookie, f83k them , they **** me no end , and what about the storm, they start the season with 7 home games and now get to play all there semis on home soil in front of home crowd...... NRL is a joke, im just about over there ****.... is there anything we can do to put the pressure back on them , i know we are just supporters , but surely we could do something.

It would appear (from the club) that the offer to the NSWRL may have been made for BOTH finals.

BUT

Clearly (with school hours), the Saturday night is the more attractive of the two.

The only way they would have fixed this problem (and why couldn't they have done this straight up) is have,

1st Semi on Saturday night

2nd Semi on Sunday arvo

Surely the boffins at the NRL would look a the teams, think about the logistics and make a decison for a change!!

That's the issue, Mark. A Friday night is extremely hard for families to attend and it is one of the few genuine gripes the Broncos level at their constant Friday-a-thon.

Yes HH, on a professional level I actually work with the Bronco's, and whilst the constant 7 day turnaround is better for the football side of things, their membership / marketing people lament the lack of Sunday (or even Saturday at 5.30pm) games.

They have a massive "regional membership" who only ever turn up for day games it's why they get about 30,000 for a normal game and up to 15,000 more when it's a day game.

But you are right the biggest issue is that it's a Friday!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6