Fresh positive start for young Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
If the energy shown by the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in the Holden Cup game last Sunday is an indication, there will be more victories than losses in 2017 after a painful season last year.

2016 was a disaster year, finishing the season with the dreaded spoon. A new season brings new hope every year, and in the case of the Sea Eagles, a new coach in the experienced Wayne Lambkin.

Lambkin previously coached the North Sydney NSW Cup (2007-2015), Canterbury NSW Cup (2005-2006), and Penrith NYC (2003-04) teams.

Under his reign, the Sea Eagles opened their account with an impressive 38-20 victory over Parramatta at Lottoland last Sunday.

“The most pleasing part was just the energy that was provided, a bit of desire, and a bit of a will. I think they surprised themselves really that they were capable of doing what they did,’’ Lambkin said.

Full story here: http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/03/09/fresh_positive_start.af_news.html

Its encouraging indeed because of the lower grade sides, the SG Ball were according to some writers, the team least likely to succeed. Harold Matthews and Blacktown Workers Intrust sides were expected to be big movers this year, yet both lost their last game. Yet SG Ball were the big winners along with Blacktown's Sydney Shield, Ron Massey teams and the U21s. And to defeat Newcastle, usually one of the better sides is encouraging. So far the Matthews and Ball sides have won two of three. Good start to the season

Last edited:
Its encouraging indeed because of the lower grade sides, the SG Ball were according to some writers, the team least likely to succeed. Harold Matthews and Blacktown Workers Intrust sides were expected to be big movers this year, yet both lost their opening game. Yet SG Ball were the big winners along with Blacktown's Sydney Shield, Ron Massey teams and the U21s. And to defeat Newcastle, usually one of the better sides is encouraging. So far the Matthews and Ball sides have won two of three. Good start to the season
I will not believe it until @Ryan updates his stable every week!

Great to see the youngsters start well and put the cleaners through the whingers who are traditionally strong in this grade. Good start to the year and hopefully this time the club has learned the lessons from 2015 and will endeavour to keep this side together and let them develop and become future first gade Sea Eagles.

Our strength has always been our juniors. When they go good, we go good in NRL within 2 years. In last 2 years the NYC team was on average 2 years younger than the opposition team so when they matured they should be stronger.

That centre was very good, big strong runner - Bainbridge had a great game as well.

Good start. But have we ever found out the true reason the coach that took the team to the grand final in 2015 was sacked?

Good start. But have we ever found out the true reason the coach that took the team to the grand final in 2015 was sacked?

But did we ever find the true reason for 2V being sacked as well??

And believe me it had NOTHING to do with on field results, despite what they said!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6