Friday is a real danger game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Parra now have Ray Price getting stuck into them. 

This is a must win game for them and they will be fired up big time.

It's get Manly or give up.

The struggling Eels may as well leave for their end of season trip if they are smashed by Manly on Friday night, Parramatta great Ray Price said today.

After the Eels slumped to another poor loss against South Sydney on Saturday, Price told MX they had no chance making the finals if their horror form continued.

"While they are playing as individuals, no, there's no hope in hell (they'll make the finals)." he said today.

"They're not playing as a team and they're not playing well individually."

"(Nathan) Hindmarsh turns up every week - another 12 have to turn up with him."

"Finchy (Brett Finch) turns up sometimes, but he can't do it on his own."

"I'd rather a team of Finchies than the others: he has a go."

Touted as serious premiership contenders at the start of the season, The Eels have slumped to 10th after 18 rounds, only one win from the top 8 after a round of upsets.

But they face a white-hot Manly this Friday night at Brookvale Oval.

Price said a top-four finish was crucial and Parramatta could kiss their season goodbye if thumped by Manly, who crushed a strong Sharks 34-6 away from home on Saturday.

"The way they (the Eels) finished last year, I thought they could have easily won the comp." Price said.

"This year, I wouldn't put your money on it."

"You can't win games on paper, they've got to get that out of their heads and start playing. If they don't turn up against Manly, they will get towelled. If they get towelled by Manly, they may as well go on their end of season trip now."

I am surprised price could string two words together but they are definitely trying to fire them up

Is this the first instance of "danger game" rhetoric this season ??

Are we talking about this Friday against the squeels??

Not to be complacent or anything but can you bet on 40+?

;D

Eels side clouded by injury

Brad Earl
Wednesday 16 July, 2008 12:01am

DON'T count on the Parramatta Eels being "as per program" against leaders Manly at Brookvale Oval on Friday.
Coach Michael Hagan has made only the one injury-enforced team change but also has his front-rowers under an injury cloud.

All the props have been named in the hope they'll be fit to play despite this week's short turnaround between matches.
The line-up also may be affected by positional issues over the week.

Last Sunday the Eels suffered their second consecutive loss to a side below them, this time capitulating 32-20 to South Sydney at ANZ Stadium.

With Feleti Mateo to miss one and possibly two games with a medial ligament strain in his right knee, Kris Keating gets his chance at five-eighth against Manly.

The 19-year-old, whose NRL debut actually came against the Sea Eagles in round six, has previously deputised in the interchange hooker role.

Keating has been earmarked to take over the No. 6 jersey next season to allow Mateo to move back into the forwards, where his impact has been missed.

In the front row, Nathan Cayless is still recovering from shin swelling that saw him miss last week's game and Josh Cordoba has a slight abdominal strain.
"The doctor is confident that if they respond (to treatment), they are a genuine chance of playing," Hagan said.

Of their other props, Fuifui Moimoi is "struggling a touch" with a corked thigh and Junior Paulo is also out injured.
Hagan said he would look at using "makeshift front-rowers" in Weller Hauraki and Brendan Oake, in which case back-rowers Todd Lowrie and Joe Galuvao would come on to the bench.

* MANLY have struck a significant blow on the eve of Friday's clash by signing another young Eels junior, halfback Trent Hodkinson, to follow winger Tony Williams. Hodkinson, 19, has missed the Eels' Toyota Cup campaign after a knee reconstruction.

More smoke screens IMO  -they are hoping we will be very complacent

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6