From the Herald

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Manly coach Des Hasler's mood was dark, as he mulled over yet another game in which his team had contributed significantly to their own demise through lapses in concentration.

"It was very disappointing," Hasler said. "The lapse just before half-time and another one just after half-time cost us. They were defensive lapses and the opposition capitalised on them. So we have to get our act together, because I can guarantee our next few games won't be easy ones either."

Sea Eagles captain Ben Kennedy was similarly downcast as he struggled to explain the concentration lapses.

"I really don't know [why it happens]," Kennedy said. "At certain times of games we just switch off. We defend well for four tackles and then make a mistake and the other team goes 100 metres. It just continues to happen."

It wasn't as if Manly weren't acutely aware of the problem. They have been trying to find a solution for a while. On the eve of the match, hooker Michael Monaghan talked about how it was time to start playing for 80 minutes on a regular basis if the Sea Eagles were going to build the sort of form needed to create an impact in the finals.

Any other coach in the NRL would have weened that out of a club after 3 years. It's all just repetative excuses by BK and Des. It's old now. I bet Willow, King (if not injured AGAIN !!!) and co. will be picked in their mtg'd positions again next week.

Fortress? What is our win / loss ratio in 2006 @ the FORTRESS.

Try Melbournes home ground record for a team that fits theur grounds title.

Sand Castle Brookie is more appropriate.

We'll see how "dark" he is on Tuesday afternoon.

Stand by for no changes except Stewart back to PL for Beaver.

Yep, and I won't be at the match to coach from the sidlines. Hasler needs to go, fullstop, end of story.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4