From the pages of the Manly Daily...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
The three rising Sea Eagles who are stepping up to the NRL
October 5, 2015 2:40pm
Jon GeddesManly Daily
917c5708bbc75c2a98ad384766b954eb

Eagles Tom Trobojevic scores a try during the 2015 Holden Cup Grand final between the Penrith Panthers and the Manly Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium.Picture Gregg Porteous

THEIR grand final dream is over and now a whole new football challenge is about to start for Sea Eagles outstanding under 20 stars Tom Trbojevic, Liam Knight and Addison Demetriou.

The talented trio have been called up into Manly’s NRL squad and will start commence preparations under the new regime of incoming coach Trent Barrett when the players regroup at the start of next month.

They all made an impact as the young Eagles went down 34-18 to the powerful Penrith Panthers in Sunday’s Holden Cup grand final played in stifling 35 degree heat at ANZ Stadium.

“We start training November the second and I am really keen,” said 20-year- old frontrower Knight, who scored a terrific second half try running like a three-quarter.

“I’ll have a bit of a break, a couple of weeks off, refresh the body and really rip into pre-season.”

v1

e7569ca0ac6adeba34d348c48ccb3757

Manly's Liam Knight during the grand final against Penrith. Picture: Gregg Porteous
Departing coach David Heath likened Knight to Manly prop Jake Trbojevic who has been labelled a future State of Origin forward.

“Liam is a standout from a workrate point of view,” Heath said.

“I think he is very similar to Jake Trbojevic, Jake used to play 80 minutes at the 20s level and pump the same kind of stats out that Liam does.”

Tom Trbojevic has already displayed his talent playing in the NRL this season.

Demetriou is an interesting character, a real powerhouse full of potential who started in the frontrow this season and ended up in the centres.

“I think he needs to do a lot of hard work, he has been in and out of different clubs,” Heath said.

“It (joining the NRL squad) will be good, he will be training with men and that’s what he needs to do.”

The big question is what position he would be best suited.

Perhaps it will be as a forward in the Paul Gallen mould.

• 29 Apr 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Jon Geddes
Young guns on a Manly mission

HOT MANLY TRIO SET TO TAKE THE BATON AND HUNT GLORY
FRESH from Saturday’s win over Melbourne, the Sea Eagles have re-signed rising stars Jake Trbojevic, his brother Tom and Clinton Gutherson. THEY are the rising stars on a mission to ensure that the Sea Eagles keep firing over the next decade.

getimage.aspx

Picture: ADAM WARD

Sea Eagles tyros Tom Trbojevic, 18, Clinton Gutherson, 20, and Jake Trbojevic, 21, celebrate signing their new deals with the club at Narrabeen yesterday.

In a big vote of confidence for the Manly club in the wake of recent turmoils, three of the NRL’s hottest prospects — Jake Trbojevic, his brother Tom and Clinton Gutherson — have all signed new deals to stay at the club until the end of 2017.

It was appropriate the announcement that the local products had committed to Manly was made when the sun was shining the brightest it has for a long time on the club’s Narrabeen HQ.

“I spoke to the brothers and they want to do the same thing as me,” Gutherson, 20, said.

“They want to keep the legacy built here and to keep it going for the next 10 years.

“We have a few of the older boys still here so we just have to keep learning how they did that and what was the best way to do it.

“Take the baton off them and hopefully keep the club going.

“They have won for the past 10 years, so we just have to keep that going and keep building on what they have already made the club today.”

His words were echoed by outstanding 21-year-old prop Jake Trbojevic. “Manly over the years has been a club that is just successful and you want to come in and maintain that — 100 per cent,” he said.

The Trbojevic brothers came through the Mona Vale club and Gutherson with the Cromer Kingfishers. All three grew up as keen Manly supporters.

“It definitely means a lot growing up in Mona Vale, I’m local boy and I was very proud when I first got to play first grade,” Jake Trbojevic said. “Manly gave us our first opportunity so we are very proud to sign for two more years.”

The signings have special significance for coach Geoff Toovey, a born-and-bred Manly player himself, who gave all three their first shot in the NRL.

“Only several years ago when I played I thought it was my crowning achievement in life to play first grade for Manly and I am sure the boys feel the same,” Toovey said.

“I’m very proud as a coach to see these three local juniors come through and I think they are bound for bigger things than even just here at the Manly club.

“I think they are future representative players and we’ll be doing our best to make sure they achieve that.”
================================================================

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4