Front page today's Telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
A picture of Hayne embracing Grag Bird at full-time of yesterdays game. Parramatta just got beaten by 40 points yet Hayne has the biggest grin on his face. No wonder Parramatta are never contenders.

Maybe just an aspect of the modern game. The Warriors copped the same criticism last week. Yet won their game yesterday.

In fact I recall some fans criticising Robbo for not being sufficiently morose after we lost the 2007 grand final. That didn't stop him coming back and helping himself to 3 tries in the 2008 version.

It would be different if players laughed after dropping the ball or missing tackles...

I have to agree as a fan it made me feel better when I saw him interviewed, he was really hurting.

bones said:
Watmough was filthy when we lost to the chooks a couple of weeks back. That's how it should be.

Haha says it all really. It feels good knowing that we have guys in the team that have the desire to win.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Maybe just an aspect of the modern game. The Warriors copped the same criticism last week. Yet won their game yesterday.

In fact I recall some fans criticising Robbo for not being sufficiently morose after we lost the 2007 grand final. That didn't stop him coming back and helping himself to 3 tries in the 2008 version.

It would be different if players laughed after dropping the ball or missing tackles...

Like the Northern Eagles' Kimmorley, who regularly grinned after throwing intercepts, passing over the sideline etc

I believe in turning a new page after every action you take on the sports field but I also believe you have to give your failures some time to be realised.

Shoe1 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Like the Northern Eagles' Kimmorley, who regularly grinned after throwing intercepts, passing over the sideline etc

Ah Kimmorley the king of club loyalty.

I'm sure its because he was happy about making the SOO team and that is Haynes main goal this year.

Will he be embracing Billy Slater after Origin and laughing his head off at another NSW loss ?? His commitment and mental toughness have always been a question for me, that's why I don't rate him as an origin pick.

Sure, the pic doesn't look good from a fan's point of view.

But just think about it - they're all in the same industry but rarely get to meet any of their rivals.

In the old days, players would have a beer after the game at the home team's Club.
Now, they're shoved into a bus and shipped home.

Unless they've been in a Representative Team, where they live together for a night or a week, players from opposing teams rarely get to speak to each other.... other than after the final whistle and before they get into their respective sheds.

This is possibly the only time Rep players can say hi to a former Rep mate.

If you're looking for a reason Parra aren't contenders, look at how they put Joe on the scrapheap after he took them to the GF.

Rex said:
If you're looking for a reason Parra aren't contenders, look at how they put Joe on the scrapheap after he took them to the GF.

and Kevin Kingston

parra - they are specials

Chip and Chase said:
Will he be embracing Billy Slater after Origin and laughing his head off at another NSW loss ?? His commitment and mental toughness have always been a question for me, that's why I don't rate him as an origin pick.

Is this the first year you're going to watch Origin? Hayne has been great for NSW consistently.

You like the guy, I don't. I wouldn't say he has been "consistently great", has his moments of brilliance, also has his moments of laziness and stupidity. Given the lack of other options than we don't have much choice at the moment, let's hope he is "on".

I think the not liking part of it overtakes what he actually does for you, he is always good in Origin

It is a bit like Ryan and Tooves lol

You might be right, I can see his good, but I also see his self centered laziness. He has been dining out on a 2009 Dally M for too long and everyone has bought into the myth.

Anyway I hope for NSW's sake he does produce something great this series, we need it. I'll rap him if he deserves it, happy to be proven wrong.

Lazy has probably been a fair call in the past, much like Inglis

The work he has been doing for that Parra side in defence the past month or so has been enormous though

I used to rate Hayne as the most over rated player I have seen, but that 2009 form changed that along with Origin games since his debut. 1 game in particular stood out in changing that opinion though, don't know the year but we beat Parra by 18-20 or thereabouts at Brookie and without Hayne there it would have been 50

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8