Front Rowers - Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Its pretty much no King again in 2011 so its only a choice of Rose & Kite definate in the front row rotation. Imo Lussick with limited top grade games should be there & has more up his sleeve, especially a quality offload. Seems Des has him playing good honest footy till he adjusts to the speed of 1st grade before he exploits his full skills & fair enough. Not convinced with Robinson , honest, but just doesn't offer enough imo. Rodney can slot in up front & so can Joe though deserves his start in the back row. For me its Kite, Rose, Lussick & maybe Rodney. Any other ideas??

As a 22 year old, Lussick, IMO, can be the next big thing in the forwards!! Not sure if the front row is his best spot but he is big and hits hard in both defence and attack!

Lussick and T Rex could give us a very powerful bench. I just hope Lussick hasn't been brought on too late for the run this year.

his defence is really really strong. Love the intensity of the bloke.

Havent seen much in attack from him yet. ie offloads.. breaks.. running angles in his runs. etc.

In every 20s game I watched, Lussick always impressed me more than JWH did

Joe has been doing a props role this season as it is anyway, and remember Watmough played long stints in the front row in Origin as well

Darren said:
agree Kiwi, I have been rating him for awhile!! great to see him getting his chance

He did seem slow to come through from the 20s, but Des' style in bringing young guys through seems to be have spot on over the years

I'd have Rodney starting in the 2nd row. And I'd have smokin Joe,trex and Lussick coming from bench. Rodney is more of a grafter while the other 3 really add some punch off the bench.And would have Ferris rounding off the bench who can cover nearly every position other than prop.

yep kiwi, Lussick was really firing I think about 2 years ago and then went out of the firing line. Des has done great, worked him in slowly and he should really kick on. Another local junior which is tops for the clubs!

Kite ,Joe ,Rose & Lussick all had blinders on the weekend..I honestly don't think we will miss King at all.......

Agree on lussick, but don't discount Robinson, he had some great games earlier this season when he was given decent game time. I remember a long strong break he made.

robbiea said:
..I honestly don't think we will miss King at all.......

Maybe not his play but I think his captaincy/ leader skills. All the players spoke of his organisational skills when asked about his absence.

lismore_fan said:
robbiea said:
..I honestly don't think we will miss King at all.......

Maybe not his play but I think his captaincy/ leader skills. All the players spoke of his organisational skills when asked about his absence.

I agree Rick, and who wasn't there in that first half rabble last weekend....Jason King...nuff said!!

I saw a few games last year in QLD Cup with Darcy Lussick playing as No. 11 on the flanks, and he was very good in that position. He showed speed and got around a lot of players to score quite a few tries. He maybe bigger this year, and his front row playing is quite impressive. But I would prefer to see him eventually play in the back row and on the flanks a bit.

Joe would be my choice to move into the prop rotation.
My bench would be Buhrer (utility), Trex, Lussick / Mauro and Joe.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8