Frustration

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Firstly I was going to come in here and blast Hall for playing 9 mins and managing to butcher the game, but on replay a Tigers player got into the passing lane so the obvious option probably wasn't there

That about sums up tonight

We didn't help ourselves 1 bit, but **** there was 0 luck for us there tonight. They scored 3 long range tries, off the back of poor options from us, you would be lucky to get 3 of them a season normally. Then we have 2cm of paint denying Wolf and some freak gust of wind blowing away a ball that should have gone over, not to mention the fluke bounce for that 40/20 they kicked

Our hands were **** tonight. This season we have a habit of getting into a match and then shooting ourselves in the foot straight afterwards, and we lived up to that tonight

Our execution was woeful at time tonight. Overall, I thought we were the better side by a mile, and should have won. That scored no tries through us all night, just feeding off our scraps. We created enough line breaks to win comfortably, and if Brett Stewart plays tonight, we win 13+. Firstly he finishes off the Watmough break in the 1st half, secondly he runs away and scores when he got through like Robbo did

Ballin, still not convinced about his 80min role for us

Tony Williams, that is near the same try I saw him score last season that made me sit up and take notice. Hopefully that will put some confidence in the kid and he kicks on

Wolfy, really struggling lately, needs the bread back

Lyon, Really quiet tonight. Orford will get hammered I will pick, but we didn't see Lyon in there much tonight

Watmough, best forward in the world

Rose, love the bloke

Probably more to ad but my head is all over the place at the moment

I leave that game, and watch Hasler in the press conference, and have this feeling that we will be putting on at least 40 on Saturday night

We were the better side by a mile. Poor 5th tackle options (as usual) and all the luck with the Tigers.

I'm not that disappointed to be honest. The Tigers threw semi final intensity defence at us and we weathered it and finished all over them. I thought tonights effort was better than the last few weeks, best effort since Bulldogs game, just didn't get the luck to go our way. We'll take a lot from that game I reckon. We just need to get rid of the stupid errors in our game and get our set completion up, not give the opposition and cheap pill. We complete at 80+% tonight and we would have won comfortably. If we could get some composure in the 7 it'd be a big help as well.

**** I hate MNF

Can't sleep after them, I look at a clock saying 12.21am, and I have to be up for work in about 6 hours

What a **** bloody day it has been !!!

Lets just say there is a chair at the SFS i have named Orford. It isnt looking as good as it was with 2 minutes to go

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181253.msg234815#msg234815 date=1249298866]

Thats a crummy thing to say.
[/quote]

Typical responce from a crusty old bastard like you

Agree with most of that except the Hall option. He ran it for a good ten metres before any Tigers moved up. If he gets it wider earlier, we score. It's that simple. It was six or seven on two. And the Tigers were absolutely shot - we were offloading at will, but he runs into the teeth of the defence? I don't know. Maybe I need to cool down a bit but I couldn't understand that play.

The other problem with that play was that we probably went to the wrong side of the field. The Tigers had numbers on the right but they were all offside. It's risky, but worth playing for the penalty and going for one of the offside fellas rushing to get back to their line? I dunno. Hindsight is a beautiful thing. All I know is I really wanted to get the biscuits tonight. Tigers are my second team, but I fair dinkum cannot stand losing to them. I have more mates that support the Tigers than any other team and my phone has not stopped beeping. Leave me alone you vultures!

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=181253.msg234887#msg234887 date=1249302538]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There isnt one whole-grain of truth in that.

Even in that last play when Orford ran is cross field he attracted two men and someone went inside with no cover. Get that ball and the player scores. Even if tackled on the line there were plays to come.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=181253.msg234890#msg234890 date=1249302817]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=181253.msg234887#msg234887 date=1249302538]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There isnt one whole-grain of truth in that.
[/quote]

Nah, we will be right if Orford just starts using his loaf

You know what's eally frustrating why a side like the dragons make it look so simple yet manly so difficult the dragons would never have gotten in this situation like tonight.

Pontian you're right.  There's a real lack of composure.  We don't play the grinding style like some, but surely we should be more composed and thoughtful with our plays.  I blame Orford.  He just doesn't give any impression of thought to his plays. He is the captain and chief playmaker and runs around on the fifth play like a headless chook.  How many times he was caught with the ball down their end. and losing metres, beggars belief.  And for Rose to be the only player chasing Marshall was pathetic.     

The thing I find disappointing is that we can physically dominate teams as happened last night but still lose, basically due to a lack of skill and smarts.

For instance I also think the D Williams corner try was pretty well butchered. There was a clear overlap but the inside runners did not commit the Tigers winger by running straight at him and passing.

Another worrying thing at this late stage of the season is that I don't think our best 17 is very clear. I think either Foran or LeStrange would have been a better option than Hall last night because another bruising forward playing for 10 minutes didn't really add anything.

One thing for having Foran in the side, we need more support runners, especially without Brett Stewart. Who knows he might of been trailing Watmough in the first half after that first big break.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6