• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Too many mistakes and not a great defender. Just one of those hyped players because he has stood out in crappy sides. He runs hard which is great to watch but can't hold the ball.

If we picked him up on minimum salary then maybe but if sooner see us put that money towards keeping guys like gutho and blair

That was kind off my thinking Dan-he does not have to stand out, just work hard at the basics. He is a good metre eater and would relish playing in our centre ruck. Got to be a better proposition than Ephalame?. I also wasn't thinking big bucks.

No way; if Parramatta don't want him, that speaks volumes! In all seriousness though, he makes terrible decisions in defence and as Dan mentioned, apart from running with vigour, he has nothing. At 34 years of age, the "running with vigour" attribute is also not what it once was.

Hell yeah, I love Fui. 34 would be a problem if he was white:D....give him a year with another year all going well.

I will quantify my post: I feel that he could come fairly cheap and would revel in the Manly "system".
We will lose players of high calibre in the next season or two, so maybe it is a stop gap.
Bag him all you want , but he plays with plenty of vigour and passion. His defence is not as bad as has been quoted. Given good structure and a new set of goals he would thrive. He is an international who has never been overawed by any forward pack. Have your say by all means, but look at some stats (as I have) before you label it a dud.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Snake said:
No way; if Parramatta don't want him, that speaks volumes!

Why look how Horo turned out.
I think if we pick him up on the cheap he could be destructive off the bench in short spurts.

You could throw Chase Blair in there as well, but I stick by my initial post; the guy is over the hill. If Fui was 27-28 then maybe, but 34 is really getting past it for a prop that was never that great to begin with. He is a cult hero who runs hard, but he is not the kind of prop we need at Manly moving forward.

This guy is the kind of budget over-the-hill prop that the Tigers, Dragons, or Canberra would sign because they can't get anyone else. We don't need 34 year old props at our club. If we are going to have ONE on our books then it can be Jason King because he is a 15 year veteran of the club.

Yeah, too old. Was thinking about what we achieved with Kennedy and Galuvao, but both were 30 when they joined us. Four additional years of wear and tear is a big risk to take on, even with a cheap contract.

Yeah he sure has.

I played against him in a pacific nations tournament at Rat Park in 2004. He went on to make his debut that year I'm sure it was.

He played for Tonga obviously and I played for a Barbarians side. We played them in the first game and they Kicked off. The other Front Rower was on the lucky side and he was knocked out cold by big Fui.

A couple of years later he knocked my brother out in a reserve grade game so i've seen him knock at least 2 people out now. He was quite agressive back then. lol

Chip and Chase said:
I can't believe he is 34, has he been around that long ??

Yeah he sure has.

I played against him in a pacific nations tournament at Rat Park in 2004. He went on to make his debut that year I'm sure it was.

He played for Tonga obviously and I played for a Barbarians side. We played them in the first game and they Kicked off. The other Front Rower was on the lucky side and he was knocked out cold by big Fui.

A couple of years later he knocked my brother out in a reserve grade game so i've seen him knock at least 2 people out now. He was quite agressive back then. lol

I wouldn't sign him up, but not just because of the number after his age which people place far too much importance on

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4