Full Stregth Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
For those who havent noticed i love making up team lists, so here goes, this will be the team that runs out against the cowboyws/warrioirs come the 1st week of the finals.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Will Hopoate
06. Kieran Foran
07. DCE
08. George Rose
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Joe Galuvou
15. Vic Mauro
16. Tony Williams
17. Tim Robinson

The players that ive underlined i believe need to put in everything theyve got, i know that everyone in the team needs to, but i believe that if these guys stand up take leadership we can still win it ! Who do you reckon will be a game breaker for me its Trex, his passion has been incredible lately ! Who do you think should take up that leadership role ?

Forwards & defence wins big matches and I have seen enough over the last month (Kite & Rodney in particular last Friday) to say that our forwards are standing up & can do the job against anyone.

The key will be defence up the middle/around the ruck and that is why I nominate big George as crucial. His lateral movement, total minutes & workrate will be very important to us getting to the big game & winning it.

I can't say I disagree with that lineup too much. Mine is fairly similar:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. Will Hopoate
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Joe Galuvao
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Shane Rodney
Interchange:
14. Vic Mauro
15. Tim Robinson
16. George Rose
17. Tony Williams

I feel that George Rose is better suited to coming off the bench than starting and Des Hasler seems to be thinking along the same lines of late. I'm also not sure about Buhrer playing at lock. From memory, his second position is hooker. I think Shane Rodney has had more experience in that position and will probably be the first player called into Gifty's shoes. The other option I see there is Anthony Watmough, who has played a fair bit of lock in lower grades.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. Will Hopoate
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Joe Galuvao
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. T Rex
13. Shane Rodney
Interchange:
14. Vic Mauro
15. Tim Robinson
16. George Rose
17. J Buhrer

The T Rex is ready to explode in these finals.He is a trump card for us.

Yeah, Shane Rodney has reminded everyone recently that he is a classic style of lock-forward, with his brilliant cover defence.

These sides mentioned in this thread are very very good. I agree with Big G coming off the bench. He seemed lost starting. The only problem is his lateral defense. That needs tightening. Apart from that I'm happy and confident of going through..

What about Choc at lock? He has won an origin man of the match in that position. I think he's our most underutilized attacking weapon at the moment and although I don't want him passing the ball too much because it scares me, I do like the idea of him roaming the field and following Foran and DCE as opposed to just being a workhorse.

Choc at lock would ge good if 1. He ran forward and had the baility to draw in defence on the fringes 2. Learnt how to pass. 3 Got rid of that 2 errors a game thing he has. I agree with you, i believe choc would be excellent at lock......if he played to his full potential.

We'll need Choc to step up in the coming weeks.
He's been solid quite often, but he can really turn it on when the conditions are right.
Let's hope the bounce of the ball and run of play falls his way a few times and he can inspire his pack to similarly lift.

Dont be surprised if Brett isn't available until week 3 of the finals or even the GF should we get that far.

You need explosive players coming off the bench - to me our bench players should come from Rose, Williams and Gulavao and whoever else.

Guys like Mauro and Buhrer and Robinson will all have their place in the team but they are not impact players and would do a job for us as starters when its tight. Buhrer is more than that and can almost play the 80 mins. But he is not a great impact player but a great starter or fill in.

I hope we keep the power of our bench... to me thats why we have been playing 2nd half's so well.

bones said:
Dont be surprised if Brett isn't available until week 3 of the finals or even the GF should we get that far.

What are you basing that on? Rumours? making up your own bull****?

Backline picks itself

8 - Kite
9 - Ballin
10 - Joe
11 - Watmough
12 - Rodney
13 - Stewart

RES -
14 - T Rex
15 - Rose
16 - Buhrer
17 - Lussick

I love that we've been written off. This team can smash anyone.

The only question marks are over Hoppa and B Stewart. If we can put that first team posted on the field for the next month we are as good a shot if not better than any.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
I love that we've been written off. This team can smash anyone.

The only question marks are over Hoppa and B Stewart. If we can put that first team posted on the field for the next month we are as good a shot if not better than any.

Either of them is good enough to get the job done if fit. I must admit to being a little bit worried by both of them injury wise.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4