Fullback Albert Hopoate in Toyota cup today and Hargreaves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
outstanding, its a matter of when, has it all , great taking of bombs, return of kicks is dynamic, comes into the backline at will, will be a superstar, that much talent. He was in front of me on sideline, big kid already, 190cm and 90 kg plus

Jarred Hargreaves, THE MOST intimidating player I've ever seen in the club as a junior, miles too good for toyota cup, looks like a man playing with kids! He has got even bigger since last year, massive defence, hits like a steamroller, had players looking for him in most plays, reminded me of Les Boyd, hits the line so hard, give him 10-15 nrl games and then judge him when he gets used to the speed of 1st grade. Will  be a star in 2 years, how long can we hold him back??? maybe till end of year

Get lost Roosters, Manly cut Hall etc, re-sign Hargreaves or we will regret it!!

2 grades - 70 odd points...**** off back over the bridge slime !

Hahahahahahahahaha

Cut Hall now as he has reverted back to his pre Manly standard and put Hargraves in FG. 

Darren link said:
outstanding, its a matter of when, has it all , great taking of bombs, return of kicks is dynamic, comes into the backline at will, will be a superstar, that much talent. He was in front of me on sideline, big kid already, 190cm and 90 kg plus

Jarred Hargreaves, THE MOST intimidating player I've ever seen in the club as a junior, miles too good for toyota cup, looks like a man playing with kids! He has got even bigger since last year, massive defence, hits like a steamroller, had players looking for him in most plays, reminded me of Les Boyd, hits the line so hard, give him 10-15 nrl games and then judge him when he gets used to the speed of 1st grade. Will  be a star in 2 years, how long can we hold him back??? maybe till end of year

Get lost Roosters, Manly cut Hall etc, re-sign Hargreaves or we will regret it!!
i agree ,hall isn't getting any younger,we would be insane to let JWH go,i do rate hall but hes what like 30?

Darren link said:

I spoke to Jared very briefly after the game about his first grade debut. He said he couldn't believe how fast it was and that was the main thing he noticed, but that he was very excited. I thought he was quite solid in his debut - he dropped the pill twice, but ball security is not something you really see from young fellas.

I think we should give him a run of four or five games in the top grade - like the Warriors did with Matulino and Packer last year. They give them a run in first grade, let them use up a lot of their energy, let them learn a sh*tload, and then when they hit an inevitable plateau after a few games, you drop them back to Toyota Cup. It does wonders for their development (look at Packer and Matulino this year) and it does wonders for the Toyota Cup team as well.

I thought our 20s team was good today. Jared was huge, as mentioned. Hoppa was very good, he has nice touches as well - became a good link man a few times in our backline plays, which showed off more maturity than you would expect from a 17 year old...

Big return from Daly Cherry-Evans as well. He's a classy player. I like his style, has a long way to go before he can convince me he is ready for first grade, but the bones are there.

I suspect King may have a week or 2 holiday so JWH will get another shot. On todays efforts though there isn't really a slot there at the moment if everyone is fit

They both played well and will be the future of the Club so they should sign them up now. I also wanted to mention the guy whp played No 14 - Ricardi I think - built like Choc and runs hard - very hard.

How is the young winger going that we got late last year ? Think his name started with T, and he got 3-4 tries in 1 of Hoppas games last season. Tiopira maybe ? He was impressive when I saw him last season

Kiwi Eagle link said:
How is the young winger going that we got late last year ? Think his name started with T, and he got 3-4 tries in 1 of Hoppas games last season. Tiopira maybe ? He was impressive when I saw him last season

Wouldn't be Tiopira. He's a prop. Going good as well. Very good, runs hard and is tough to bring down. Odd running style though.

You're probably thinking of Teariki Peneha, he was our top try scorer last year despite only playing nine games. Hasn't played this year though. Not sure what has happened to him?

Golf handicap of 2, considered Union's SBW when that was a compliment, hadn't played league since 10 or 11 and after one season is legitimately an NRL standard forward whilst eligible to play Under 20s.  And then a 16/17 year-old that might even play top grade this year.  Lookin' good.

jwh is going to be on duty a bit over soo period. g stewart and kite and maybe even watmough are going to be involved one would think. chance to blood him as will s is suggesting.

Great news and hopefully he is thinking the same way as Des as I would hate to see JWH play against us and carve us.

Great too see you posting again about our Juniors Darren, keep it rolling please as all the out of towners who can't make it really appreciate it!! Cheer

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4