Fullback options ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly Daly

Reserve Grader
Any further news on Gutherson
(apologies if incorrect) heard a bit a month ago now nothing, can't see him on the MWSE
website, is he playing ? Injured? If snake
Goes or gets injured this year who we got
I'm sure we are not in a position to buy anyone and it is one of the most important positions these days, Farar how long is he off for, could Whare or wolf fill in, oldfield doesn't
Fill me with confidence,
Sorry if there has been a similar thread
Mainly wanted an up date on Gutherson.

His name features weekly in the ball results inthe newspaper, scoring tries, kicking goals. Coming along well by all accounts. Maybe straight to Toyota cup team once ball season is done?

Wolfy is my pick. A natural progression, like Robbo had, should Brett not be available.

He is fast, safe under the high ball, and wants to be involved.
His chip kicks from the sidelines are amazing, so from infield they should be more prolific.

Oldie is still learning to react - he will improve with each game as he learns to relax and play his natural game.

Fluffy said:
Oldfield will replace Brett

Gutherson has a couple of years to go yet

Nice.

Now whats the next position we are worried about now fullback is covered.

I watched the first half of an SG Ball game a few weeks ago, and Gutherson did look promising, but as with all players from the lower grades you can never really tell until they get to first grade.

G-land Express said:
The stand-in raiders fullback from last night looks a good player- Robinson??

He had a great game, but if we have a young fullback coming through the ranks but not quite ready, I still reckon Mini has a couple of years left in him should Stewert decide to go to the Roosters.
He wouldn't be expensive and would have a point to prove, he also appears to be over his back problems.

Disco said:
I thought Tuafua had played a bit of Fullback?

I heard the same thing that he can play centre and also fullback,id like to see what he can do and not unsettle the current line up if it came to that.
Oldfield is still finding his feet , wolfman came back from injury(is doing well though), Whare finding his feet , would we shift one of those and play Tuafua else were or keep them were they are..not sure.

Im keen to see what Tuafua has to offer though which ever position he does get a chance at , I have heard good things.

no jokes, Oldfield was playing fullback in NSW cup last year to get him experience in that position. Now with Farrar missing he is next in line imo.

Jorge was playing centre last game he played in NSW cup i think

Fluffy said:
no jokes, Oldfield was playing fullback in NSW cup last year to get him experience in that position. Now with Farrar missing he is next in line imo.

Jorge was playing centre last game he played in NSW cup i think

So you were serious. I'm not sure I like the Oldfield as fullback theory TBH.

winnyason said:
well the sg ball still underfeated, need these kids in the 20's they are struggling big time.

I don't think putting 15 & 16 year olds in the under 20s is going to help anybody. I've said it before but measuring the success of your junior programs on results won't get you anywhere. Our 20s might be getting a touch up, but I bet you the learning experience for some off them will better prepare them for the rigours of the NRL than playing with a side who wins the junior divisions by plenty each week. I don't care if they win, as long as they improve and work on the things that will help them be successful in first grade.

Any club that wants trophies in junior football won't be able to have sustained success in the top grade.

Glen Fisiiahi is the Warriors back up fullback/winger - being kept out by Kevin Locke. Playing this week. Has the potential to be anything but still very raw and young.

Thats not wishing Brett out but just a thought IF he leaves....which I suspect he might ( unless we lose even bigger names of course )....could be the next best of the available fullbacks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6