Fullback Robertson v Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
What are posters thought on how Farrar is going.

I'm happy with how he's progressing and his defence is excellent and Robbo best on the wing finishing of tries.

Re: Fullback Robertson v Farah

It is a good move all round though Farrar looked a bit suspect under the bomb last night a few times. Robbo prefers wing and if he scores tries a la last night it is a no-brainer to keep him there.

Farrar is Solid at the back and is going very well, i'm happy to have him there as a replacement for Brett,Robbo definitely better on the wing to finish off and score tries,If we have anymore problems ie injuries to farrar etc perhaps we could put Robbo to fullback and he could do the job too,i know robbo isnt a world beater at FB but he gets the job done,yep,stick with what we got for now,Im happy,Farrar for bani,what a good deal on our part.
BTW who is Farah? Doesnt he play for the Tigers?
maybe the topic should have read Farah vs Robinson,:p ,just jokes :D 8)

They both can't catch.  problems there.  Maybe a trainer from the Swans could coach a better technique. 

Catch Bombs AFL style DSM and we will be lookign for more replacements after these ones get broken ribs.

I noticed Big Tony caught one ala AFL style Fro on Monday night, arms raised and jumping.  And AFL style doesn't necessarily mean broken ribs.  I don't know of that statistic from the AFL re broken ribs from marking.  Robbo just can't catch to save himself.  Farrah is better, but to small when on-rushing bigger wingers are coming through.  I noticed when Stewart caught bombs he jumped up, thereby diffusing them or winning a penalty. 

occasionaly a tall winger can use the tactic, but keep doing it and it will end in tears.

And AFL players dont tackle like NRL boys, thats why they dont bust em up, its a different technique.

Either way, Robbo needs to learn a better technique.  His catching skills under pressure are suspect, as are Farrahs. 

Wangman needs to stay on the wing. His finishing ability is priceless, and no other winger would be able to squeeze in the tries he does..

Farrar has been following the play a lot more than Robertson did. He also chimes into the attack really well and has a fantasticc pass. The pass for Robbos first try was great. He's a quality player and probably doesn't deserve to be tagged a utility but it will be interesting to see what happens with young Hoppa coming through and Stewart to come back.

Hoppas going well seeing him play against the sharks, he's constantly organising his team mates. He also managed provide quality ball to set up tries.

nita link said:
Wangman needs to stay on the wing. His finishing ability is priceless, and no other winger would be able to squeeze in the tries he does..
spot on nita
the MAtai/Wangman combo is awesome and we missed it last year when Wangman was fullback

Robbo can't catch is rubbish, is a reason we put so many up high into his corner, because he has scored plenty of tries from them !!

Storm supporter at work today was telling me how much he hates Robbo, coz he just dots the ball down in the corner and does nothing else haha.

Catching is still catching though mate, I have always rated Robbo as pretty safe and reliable under the high ball personally

I didnt necessarily agree with them, but catching at a run while scoring a try is a whole different kettle of fish to standing there and taking a catch with people jumping into you, in a lot of ways all the advantages are with the attacker, momentum etc are all on his side.

I didn't say Robbo hasn't caught every ball that's come his way.  What I did say is he's suspect under the high ball.  He's realistic enough to admit it himself that he's not so good when the high ball comes his way.  He's said he feels much more comfortable either jumping when in attack or running the ball in.  Anyway, Farrah is doing a good job and Robbo is a terrific wingman.  And very loyal to the club. 

Fro link said:
Catch Bombs AFL style DSM and we will be lookign for more replacements after these ones get broken ribs.

If the player is off the ground when catching the ball, how can he get broken ribs?

I think Farrar is a better positional fullback and takes the ball back hard, his defence is pretty good, he's still suspect under the high ball and he's our best option atm.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6