Furner sacked !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow - Manly will be off the front pages ASAP :exclamation:

Its on Fox Sports now.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/canberra-raiders-coach-david-furner-sacked-after-mutiny-from-the-senior-player-group/story-fn2mcuj6-1226700729941#.UhMUeZIzMsQ

Canberra Raiders coach David Furner sacked after mutiny from the senior player group
Paul Kent and Phil Rothfield The Daily Telegraph August 20, 2013 4:58PM
DAVID Furner has been sacked as Raiders coach after the club's board held a crisis meeting on Tuesday.

Relations between the coach and leading players at the club, including much of the senior leader group, have deteriorated in recent weeks, coming to a head following the Raiders' disappointing loss to Canterbury on Saturday afternoon.

It is understood the players held a private meeting on Monday night where it was decided they could no longer work with Furner.
It was the second gathering of players in days.

The first came following the Canterbury loss when Furner heard whispers there was dissatisfaction among the playing group.

He called a meeting and asked players to air their grievances but, despite concerns they could no longer work with the coach, no complaints were made.

Furner then organised a short stay away for the players and himself in a bid to rebuild relations.

Ironically, Furner was on Tuesday away with the players in Bateman’s Bay as the board met over his future.

Furner phoned The Daily Telegraph not long after he was told by his brother, CEO Don Furner, that his services were no longer required.

He finishes immediately and will not coach the Raiders side this weekend.
Furner said he was shattered by the decision and the fact he has become the first coach in Raiders history to be sacked.
"It's obviously a results driven game and we have lost our last three game," he said.

"It's still terribly disappointing after all the work I've point in."
Furner said his unwaivering support for centre Blake Ferguson could have contributed to the board's decision.

The crisis board meeting came after a second players meeting on Monday night, involving nine senior players, was organised by the leader group.

It is understood they told the board on Tuesday they were struggling to work with the coach, prompting the board meeting.
Furner is the first coach in Canberra's history to be sacked mid-contract..
----------------------------------------------

Wonder if Choc Mundine will be their new Coach :p

MANLY4LIFE said:
Exactly stu they'll be pumped against us now ,hope we can get the job done !!!

They'll be pumped all right, Manly will pump them good and proper.

Good point HM, the story says it was a group of leading players who were behind the sacking. That makes it different to a sacking driven by an unhappy board, where all players are on notice that their own futures are on the line.

I heard last week Ferguson has a clause in his contract about Furner so he may be free to go where he pleases now

Not great for us teams always lift after this sort of thing however with no Wighton or Ferguson they've lost all their speed out wide. Only Milford to watch we should give them a thorough beating.

He called a meeting and asked them to air their grievances but nobody spoke up, they then called a private closed meeting without him. Were they too scared to hurt his feelings ?

Talk about a knife in the back

The Fox Sports News had Stuart going to Raiders :huh:

I guess Henry will then go to Parra.:cool:

Wonder if Price is liked by his Playing Group:huh:

Would be ironic if Potter is retained after all his dramas :D

Wow. That's gotta be hard for his brother to do.
Ferguson and Milford will no doubt have a fair bit to do with it.
I tell ya, where ever Mundine's been there's always bloody trouble.

The Who said:
It makes our board seem more stable than Clive Palmer in a beach chair.

Gold!:p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4