Furner sacked !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think this was inevitable. The only reason he has held his position as long as he has is because the family connection.

I know many raiders fans that will be cheering with this news (not that you should cheers someone being sacked).

This will either fire up the raiders, or throw there game out completely.

Normally, when a stressful weight is finally lifted off your shoulders, there's a huge burst of energy.

Manly need to be on their game.

If there is any sort of character in the Raiders players they will come out pumped up to the MAX x 10! They will have it put on them that they've gotten their way and to justify it they will need to come out all guns blazing. That's why its important we start really well on Sunday and not give them a sniff, if we go to the sheds up by 10+ the crowd will turn on the players big time and the second half will be a points fest.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Imagine his brother having to make the call to sack him

And therein lies the problem with the Raiders. IMO his brother should go too. Between the McIntyres and Furners there appears to be too much "family" at the Raiders for them to function in a transparent way. The worst decision that club made was signing a relatively inexperienced coach to a 5 year deal after a single (uneventful) season in the NRL. I'm sure he was only half way through that contract which ensures his brother will receive a nice little payout.

The place has that stench about it. A thorough clean-out is required.

bob dylan said:
This is a disaster for Manly.
I see this as more of a disaster for the Raiders because2V and the boys are pissed off at what happened last week

We should make out we are offering Milford big money to come and play @ Manly, upset Canberra and drive up his price for whoever buys him.

This isn't the standard 'coach sacked despite players support' play. The group wanted him gone so there is nothing emotional about the players doing it for Furner.

I would suggest that we are about to hand them heavy loss.

Hamster Huey said:
This isn't the standard 'coach sacked despite players support' play. The group wanted him gone so there is nothing emotional about the players doing it for Furner.

I think the motivation for the Raiders players should be even higher. They have gotten their way and to prove they were right they'll need to come out fired up. The only issue which might effect this, is that it was the senior player/leadership group which went to the board to get him fired. If the rest of the playing group is divided on the coach we won't even have to try and we'll rack up a cricket score, but if they are united as a group then expecting anything less than full committed Raiders team rather than the one that has played the last 2 home games against the Dogs and Storm is a huge mistake.

Masked Eagle said:
Hamster Huey said:

I think the motivation for the Raiders players should be even higher. They have gotten their way and to prove they were right they'll need to come out fired up. The only issue which might effect this, is that it was the senior player/leadership group which went to the board to get him fired. If the rest of the playing group is divided on the coach we won't even have to try and we'll rack up a cricket score, but if they are united as a group then expecting anything less than full committed Raiders team rather than the one that has played the last 2 home games against the Dogs and Storm is a huge mistake.

The Raiders have rarely performed after a high pressure lead-up so if they are thinking they need to really try harder to prove themselves, then I'll stick even further to an ass whooping heading their way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6