Gallop going ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
its from confidential but it would be great for our game to be finally rid of this turd

Heavyweights headhunt David Gallop

Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226032561565

THERE'S strong speculation in the national capital about NRL CEO David Gallop being sounded out for the top job at the Australian Sports Commission.

Gallop is deputy chairman of the ASC, but is being mentioned as a real possibility to replace departing CEO Matt Miller, who left after failing to lift the organisation's efficiency and profile. Miller had been in the job less than two years after a long career as a senior bureaucrat.

Gallop has many admirers in the federal Labor ranks. He's also well liked by Olympic boss John Coates.

League's imminent independent commission complicates matters for all concerned. This season is Gallop's 10th in charge of the NRL. Compared to his rivals in other codes, Gallop is not well paid and while it's a stretch to imagine him agreeing to live in Canberra and away from the surf ... the talk is genuine he will be sounded out.

This is a massive test for the credability of the game, the IC and the new TV deal

If gallop was to knock back a job which pays much more money, to move 3 hours down the road. In a very prestegious environment. And turn his back on a role where is is always publicly scorned, I for one would ask myself why.

The SMH also ran the same article pointing out how money is part of it

And the sceptic in me would always believe that he is there representing someone other than the NRL, someone with DEEEEEEEEEP pockets, someone who has a vested interest in him being at the helm is some way and are prepared to show there appreciation

Obviuosly i dont know any of this, its not fact but his involvement has been anything but transparent over the years

Its just me,

Says it all bout federal labour really if those Rex hunts rate this cancerous moron. What annoys the **** out of me is those Rex hunts at news ltd want him to get a 4 year deal with ic but don't want a real proven sports administrator like John quale on the ic corrupt bastards

how about here

empty-grave.jpg

departing CEO Matt Miller, who left after failing to lift the organisation's efficiency and profile.

And they think that Double Standard David will ?

I told you all a few years ago that Gallop would go to Canberra.  Can't come soon enough.  The guys dead weight in the saddlebags of League. 

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
how about here

empty-grave.jpg
They'd have to put him 12 foot under, cause deep deep down he's supposed to be a nice guy:)

Just like to see his head sticking out of that hole.......so the dogs can walk past and piss on it

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=187290.msg330055#msg330055 date=1301781808]
how about here

empty-grave.jpg
They'd have to put him 12 foot under, cause deep deep down he's supposed to be a nice guy:)
[/quote]

Place is to pretty for Gallop,i reckon desert is more his mode

Hed make a perfect politician with the labor party.Who knows maybe a future PM? Theres plenty that would love to see the News Ltd lawyer puppet against the ARL in the war and now heading our comp for the last 10 years back.Is it any wonder that were going to the IC.

All in all Gallop has done a good job steering the NRL from the lack of interest after the SuperLeague war and building interest slowly to a point where the interest is about equal to the early mid 90's.(not limited to crowds but overall interest)

I recall hearing that in the American NFL they had similar issues in relation to pay tv and it took 10yrs to regain the same level of interest.

We've had 2 mergers and one team left behind to cut the Sydney teams down which had to happen and probably need one more to go eventually. The Titans and Melbourne being introduced to expand the league with Adelaide and Perth needing more time before we move into that market.

Marketing wise i've hated every NRL commercial they all look cheap and rushed with pathetic out-dated tunes----The Tina Turner campaign was ahead of its time and made you feel apart of the action whether it was game day or film shots at training overseas marketing depts praised it big time.

Did Gallop get it wrong with the Brett Stewart ordeal---Yes,  was he probably sick and tired of players behaviours and trying to stamp some authority with tough love----Yes,  do we know the whole story probably not.

A big area where Gallop got it wrong is allowing the marketing dept to use a single player or a few players as figure heads in the promotion of the game--some newspaper articles suggested he was warned not to do this from people in the know.(I think the NFL marketing Dept)

Yeah its probably time for Gallop to move on he has done his job....

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301821656[/time]

Cambo NewsCorp is as right wing as they come and they were comfortable employing Gallop to lead the NRL--- both sides of politics are as bad as each other. 
Lets keep the political point scoring outside of these forums.

Gallop was always out of his depth.  He was a News Ltd in-house hack lawyer who landed the job out of a compromise.  He has baulked at most of the hurdles, expansion, TV rights, betting, the Stewart affair, promotion etc.  The game has survived in spite of a weak and vascillating CEO.  It's because the product is so good.  Look to see it really take off when the IC takes hold (minus Gallop) 

While id love to see the little **** get shot as much as any other red blooded manly fan,i think he will still be head of the IC

i hope im wrong

Agree totally DSM5 my point is the NRL needed stability for a decade and he provided it while dealing with a few mergers and new teams. Gallop has not been perfect but he has been caught in the middle of warring parties without much individual power which has hamstrung tv rights especially.

One thing i hate is when people refer to our game as  "a great product" it's so 90's management speak it is also one of the reasons why its not loved like it should be----a product lacks a heart and heartbeat"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4