Gallop - just go!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
On top of his staggering statements this week about accepting less money from News for the next round of TV rights and the lack of desire to expand the game, now comes news Sydney will get one Test next year - Aus vs PNG - whilst Melbourne gets the ANZAC test AND the Australia vs GB Four Nations game.  Melbourne?????

Gallop says it is about expanding interest in the game.  Well if only 12,000 Melbourne folk could be bothered watching the NRL Premiers (as opposed to 70,000 that watch wooden spoon games between Melbourne and Richmond) what makes him think those Tests are going to convert the masses? 

Gallop is guilty of treating the hard core fan with contempt, and of ruining the game.  Get rid of him.

The joke is that the NRL pays about 10 k people to go down the Origin games down there and they are mostly NSW and QLD natives. Locals down their yawn.

It is most state politics and has nothing to do with the game. As soon as News withdraw their money from Melbourne, there will be no Storm.

Canteen Worker link said:
... As soon as News withdraw their money from Melbourne, there will be no Storm.
Not necessarily, the tv rights purchasers might force the NRL to subsidise them.

maybe if the apathetic Sydney sports fans turned up to games they put on things might change.

And yes I know ANZ stadium is terrible, but they don't go to the SFS either, and its a great venue for League

Just another example in a ever increasing list of the muppet's incompetencies. He did a reasonable job of righting the ship after the Super League debacle, but for the last 2 or 3 years the ship has been becalmed and is starting to list. The game won't move forward whilst he is at the helm, too much conflict of interest and a distinct lack of vision.

The sooner the game is run by an independant body the better. Time to move on Gallop, you've become an embarrassment.

Fro link said:
maybe if the apathetic Sydney sports fans turned up to games they put on things might change.

And yes I know ANZ stadium is terrible, but they don't go to the SFS either, and its a great venue for League
100% correct,Fro. It's just easier for people to whinge and blame others instead of turning up and supporting the games........

Canteen Worker link said:
The joke is that the NRL pays about 10 k people to go down the Origin games down there and they are mostly NSW and QLD natives. Locals down their yawn.

And I trust you can provide proof of this?

SOO down here is almost always a sell out and I dont see why the NRL would pay for 10,000 people to attend from interstate when the difference between 50,000 and 60,000 would mean nothing in ths scheme of things.

Can't vouch for 10,000 freebies but I was offered 2 free tix last year, no offer of being paid and I certainly had to pay my own way to Melbourne.

Yes I feel the 10K number would be give aways rather than purchased tickets

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8