Gallop not amused by brawler's outburst

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
MANLY forward Darcy Lussick has received a dressing down from NRL chief executive David Gallop after boasting about his role in the last Friday night's Battle of Brookvale.

Read the full article

Go the #DarcyArmy
Gallops a tool

Probably was a silly thing to say, but....

Yep, he's telling the truth (unusual)
He now has a target on his head from everyone at NRL headquarters incl refs
99% people don't agree with him?? Bull S**t! More like 50/50! and the 50% that don't agree have never played the game!
He's only a young guy and he's telling every other club, "I won't be intimidated!"

Good onya Darcy!

well Darcy just tweeted this

D_LUSSICK Darcy Lussick
So good how the media can change what you actually said. 1-0 media.

he was clearly asked about the game, not the fight.

Cant believe Gallop has knee jerked again.

Has to go

Of course his comments were taken out of context. If they hadn't been then the journo wouldn't have been doing their job.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
MANLY forward Darcy Lussick has received a dressing down from NRL chief executive David Gallop after boasting about his role in the last Friday night's Battle of Brookvale.

Read the full article

Go the #DarcyArmy
Gallops a tool

Love the Darcy Army signature Berks...should be a huge banner next year!!

"Caesar is not amused" ......what a joke

Gallop is supposed to be lawyer and as such one would think he would get the whole facts of the matter right.

Taken in context Lussick's comments are a factual representation of his experiences in the game - the whole game not just one portion.

Lussick is an enthusiastic young guy and a breath of fresh air being so open and honest.

Spin doctors would have toned his response right down to a flat monotone - maybe this is what David Gallop wants from all players

Fully Lussick shouldn't back down from his comments. Gallop can go suk a cock! That's how the kid honestly felt. He was in a war with his brothers and he came out on top. Fuk off Gallop give us a break!

The SMH poll yesterday had 55% of people saying the suspensions were a nonsense. Just shows how out of touch Gallop is with his constituency - he's worse than Gillard.

It's really another classic example of how Gallop believes what he hears and reads through the media and then acts on those allegations.

100% of the people that I have spoken to since Friday and most actually attended the game thought that ther game was the best that they had seen for years and enjoyed the fighting.

If Gallop is going to quote percentages then he needs to back them up with facts not just pull them out of his arse because it suits him.

100% of the people that I know think that gallop is useless and that he should get out of the NRL.

My first and only reaction to this is that it was taken fully out of context given all the garbage coming from certain sections of the media. I actually thought it was more about how he didn’t allow the storm players to intimidate him and how all his team mates stuck up for each other like brothers in arms.

The kids got a lot of character and will be one of the best enforcers in the game that won’t back pedal.

Hopefully Darcy is smart and now understands the rules the media play by in getting the headlines they want. i.e. no rules

It's getting to the stage where we maybe need to consider independent recording of all media interviews so that twisting of facts, and out-of-context distortions, can be identified and corrected on YouTube or similar.

Jatz Crackers said:
gallop is in a permanent state of not being amused. You only have to look at his dour face.

and he has an uncanny resemblence to Pinocchio, however he is slightly more wooden

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6