Gallop punishing fans again?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Gallop is again trying to punish the fans for something the hype promoted by the NRL. The NRL built this up to be an intense and emotional BIG game. When the emotions boiled over to the players, he wants to rub the best players out of the grand final.

My questions to Gallop –
• If NRL impose fines for operational breaches, I want to know how are clubs able to prevent fights between players?
• Rubbing out the clubs and players from the grand final, how is this the fault of the fans?

How to resolve this?
My solutions:
1. This is not an operational issue for the clubs. If anything, it’s the NRL’s fault. Fine the NRL for the hype they built around this game.
2. Ban the players involved for only a couple of games, not rub them out of the finals entirely. For Glenn and Adam, do like the courts. Impose a punishment that will allow them to give back to the community. Make them front the media for an apology together, get them to shake hands, and get them both on community services together – have them go to schools and spend time with kids and help out with school programs.

DON’T PUNISH THE FANS!

Let the media and the NRL know about NOT to punish fans!

RE: Gallop punishing fans again?

If we get fined $100,000 we should suggest the NRL already have it, seeing as they fraudulently fined us for Brett leaving a premises unintoxicated in 2009.

They will bleat, and go on about the fight,but should Manly and scum end up in the GF,what bit of footage do you think they'll be using as a gee-up for the game?

RE: Gallop punishing fans again?

Matabele said:
If we get fined $100,000 we should suggest the NRL already have it, seeing as they fraudulently fined us for Brett leaving a premises unintoxicated in 2009.

Absolutely. I agree but there's no chance they'll return the money because that would be an admission of error. That error is already glaring when you compare to how Todd Carney and Benji Marshall were treated differently.

I just want to know how any club or even the State of Origin is promoted by the game with "Bring back the Biff" now says fighting is wrong? The NRL's hypocrisy is embarrassing.

The knee jerk decisions by the NRL over the cries of opposition fans (who wants their own teams to win without having to front a full Manly team) is a joke.

ayjay007 said:
They will bleat, and go on about the fight,but should Manly and scum end up in the GF,what bit of footage do you think they'll be using as a gee-up for the game?

Plus I will repeat my other post, Brett has a 4 week credit for time served for no offence.

ayjay007 said:

Correct again. The media who are crucifying us will definitely use that footage to promote the game, including the NRL. Why? Ratings. Money. That's all it is about at the end of the day.

In the meantime, with knee jerk reactions pushed by opposition fans' agenda (so they have an easier passage to the GF), the NRL are commiting suicide by rubbing out the two best teams.

Even the NRL's theme song "This is Our House" is all about having a siege mentality, and never losing at home. Brookvale Oval sums this up perfectly. We just played to the NRL script.

The Who said:
Even the NRL's theme song "This is Our House" is all about having a siege mentality, and never losing at home. Brookvale Oval sums this up perfectly. We just played to the NRL script.

That theme song also has a clip of jarryd hayne head butting billy slater.. the NRL are a joke.

Im hating all these so called "experts" (TK for eg) saying how its a bad image for the sponsors and corporate dollars. this is exactly what NRL promotes!! SOO, the theme song, everyone loves a fight, heck there are even facebook groups on it.

Give glenn and blair a week or 2 and leave the rest on the field as every player involved already has (left it on the field)......

If Manly don't win it then I hope that the Storm win it. Some Dragons mates told me that they wanna finish 7th just to play a weakened Manly team. And I can't stand the Lockyer fairytale! The Tigers may just cash in and win a 'claytons' premiership and we know our history with them. Soooooo...Storm or the Warriors if not us

Moops said:
Some Dragons mates told me that they wanna finish 7th just to play a weakened Manly team.

The way they played today (and most of the last 5 weeks), if I was them I wouldnt be too confident about them beating North Sydney YWCA Second XIII.

bob dylan said:
Moops said:
Some Dragons mates told me that they wanna finish 7th just to play a weakened Manly team.

The way they played today (and most of the last 5 weeks), if I was them I wouldnt be too confident about them beating North Sydney YWCA Second XIII.

Yeah but they seem to love playing us. One fugwit Dragons fan said that they would prefer to play us than Parra in the first week, especially at Brookie, which they consider a home game...can't stand them!!!

League is no longer run by league people.

If you heard what Joey Johns and Fittler said the punishment ought to be, how games should be officiated, how there should no difference made between Origin games and NRL games, what emotions can do in the heat of the moment, you know these are men who understand the game.

We as fans understand our game.

The people running the game were not players and were not real fans. They do what they think they have to do to appease media jocks and sensationalist newspapers.

League is doomed until the game is again in the hands of league men and women.

Moops said:
bob dylan said:
Moops said:

Yeah but they seem to love playing us. One fugwit Dragons fan said that they would prefer to play us than Parra in the first week, especially at Brookie, which they consider a home game...can't stand them!!!
Interesting, noting their last two games at Brookvale...

I think people are reading far too much into all the bizarre bull**** coming out of the Daily Bellylaugh in Sydney and presumably the Curious Male in Brisbane. The talk of big fines, long suspensions is nothing more than speculation. So chill out and just let things play out.

It's also been a convenient excuse for media outlets to not concentrate on the real story from Friday night apart from Dwilliams terrible injury. That is how easily Manly disposed of the Squall when so many other highly touted teams couldn't. Of course the scoreline might have been closer if Cronker Coop had played, but we played an entire second half with only 14 players, one of whom had been almost knocked out in the first half. That is a wonderful achievement these days.

Moops said:
bob dylan said:
Moops said:

No doubt then they were hoping to get beaten today and next week, ensuring they wrapped up 7th spot.

Moops said:
If Manly don't win it then I hope that the Storm win it. Some Dragons mates told me that they wanna finish 7th just to play a weakened Manly team. And I can't stand the Lockyer fairytale! The Tigers may just cash in and win a 'claytons' premiership and we know our history with them. Soooooo...Storm or the Warriors if not us

I agree with you. I rather the Storm win just to annoy Gallop.

Seen the highlights of the Union Test match?
If Union can clear Quade Cooper of a blatant and dangerous knee to Richie McCaw's head, then something like a brawl should easily be dismissed. This kneeing to the head has to be much much worse. Why is the media hiding on this and not come out calling for blood?

Ram - the same reason they went after Brett in 2009, League sells more papers

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4