Galuvao Discusses His 'Bad Injury' in White Line Fever podcast (final guest)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

steavis

I can't post links yet but the interview with Galuvao is available by searching for White Line Fever on itunes. He's the final guest in episode 23, talks about chronic achilles problem. Cheers.

Struggles to walk for a couple of days after each game - therefore might struggle to play this week as it is a 5 day back up.

He is going to struggle to maintain fitness if he cant train.

You have to question the wisdom to sign him for 2 years. What value will he be to the club in 2013. His signature will squeeze one of the up and coming players out of the club.

Agreed earnie, you have pp to wonder with suspicion how it all happened..

When do you think we will hear about snake?

When I spoke to Joe last season he said he would re-sign if his body was up to it. de$$ie must have really put the pressure on him to re-sign, especially for 2 years. If Joe struggles with this injury I cannot see him play out his whole contract.

I'd say Joe would be the sort of guy that would leave early if he couldn't fulfill his contract.

Either way I think we are destined to lose Steve Matai and Riccardi this year

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
You have to question the wisdom to sign him for 2 years. What value will he be to the club in 2013. His signature will squeeze one of the up and coming players out of the club.

Harsh. This is a guy who has played for 'peanuts' and been terrific for the team, the club and the fans. If he couldn't make it on to the field then I'm sure we'd be able to employ him in an off-field capacity.

The Who said:
Harsh. This is a guy who has played for 'peanuts' and been terrific for the team, the club and the fans. If he couldn't make it on to the field then I'm sure we'd be able to employ him in an off-field capacity.

Remains a salary cap issue.

Jatz Crackers said:
The Who said:

Remains a salary cap issue.

How? If you employ him in a coaching, administration or mentoring role?

The Who said:
How? If you employ him in a coaching, administration or mentoring role?

I might be wrong but I seem to recall something in the salary cap rules about paid employment within the club after a player ceases playing.

Another area where the salary cap fails and should have been changed years ago. If a player like Joe has to retire early then we should be able to pay his full contract out now and his next years salary should not count in either this or next years cap.

The Who said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Would be harsh if he was on peanuts. But his contract isnt peanuts and he is paid more than some NRL players who have potential for the club.

He's injured let's sack the bum.

Seriously, some of you people. Joe has unquestionably been one of our best forwards since he arrived.It's tough he is hurt but that happens in football. Every week someone is hurt, even young players like Yow Yeh can suddenly be gone indefinitely.

Nobody said sack him. Just questioned the original decision to sign him for 2 years which would appear to be the wrong decision.

I would be disgusted if anyone attempted to sack/remove/not pay Joe G because he has an injury.

Don't we learn ? He was the rock in 2011 that held the FR of king (Mr dropsy) and Kite (bum first fall on my arse) up while other teams tried to mash us.

More than any other FR forward, he delivered stability, go forward and defence that got us a premiership.

Joe can stay. Joe should stay. We are better with him than without.

Sack Lussick, bye bye George, kitey can holiday in the UK BUT

Joe needs to stay - dont vautin him.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
He's injured let's sack the bum.

Seriously, some of you people. Joe has unquestionably been one of our best forwards since he arrived.It's tough he is hurt but that happens in football. Every week someone is hurt, even young players like Yow Yeh can suddenly be gone indefinitely.

He has been one of our best. And no, I dont mean hasbeen. Surely you can see the pressures that past retention decisions are helping to bring to a head right now ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6