Galuvao does a no show at signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
NRL Veteran Joe Galuvao has demonstated the team spirit building at parramatta, baulking at a guaranteed 2 year with manly worth 250k in the hope of gaining a cut-price extension in blue and gold.

Galuvao has agreed to terms with sea eagles With Sea Eagles last month, but missed the meeting to sign the contract. The 31yr old's no-show was the result of cold feet after reccapturing his best form under the eels coach Daniel Anderson. He has until 3pm today to make a call.

IT WOULD OF BEEN MANNERS TO CALL THE PEOPLE THEY YOU ORGANISED THE MEETING WITH. THIS IS DISGRACEFUL BY GALUVAO. DON:T CARE IF WE SIGN HIM OR NOT. IT WOULD OF BEEN RIGHT TO CALL AND LET THEM KNOW U WILL NOT BE TURNING UP.

It's not exactly the kind of enthusiasm you want from a player you're courting....and 250k! That's a lot of biscuits for a bloke who has played some dreadful footy prior to the past two months.... He's in good form now but before that he was awful for a long, long time.

I'm not against the signing of Galuvao - there's a lot of upside to it. But not for big money, and not with a bad attitude.

willstyles link said:
It's not exactly the kind of enthusiasm you want from a player you're courting....and 250k! That's a lot of biscuits for a bloke who has played some dreadful footy prior to the past two months.... He's in good form now but before that he was awful for a long, long time.

I'm not against the signing of Galuvao - there's a lot of upside to it. But not for big money, and not with a bad attitude.

It would have been only 125k a season, that's not that much. But oh well, he would have only been for depth anyway.

I daresay it would've been more to do with the fact that he wouldn't be able to make it all the way out to Manly each day with his family in the west rather than any team spirit at Parra.

pull the contract off the table now

Far Kim. It's obvious that he doesn't want to be here so I can't see him playing with any passion for the club if he does eventually sign. As Dan and KaZa have just said, pull the contract off the table now and promote a kid.

Poor old Joe, who portrays himself as a good honest christian, but looks like a money hungry grub. He's been on a 350k contract for the past few seasons when he was at souths and prepared to play for their feeder club because he couldn't crack 1st grade. Now he's baulking at the Manly contract because he has to travel to Manly from the west or stay at crusher's place. All too hard for Joe and with that attitude I hope he stays at the Eels.

Let's look for a younger replacement who would be happy to play for 125k per season.

Hold on a bit. I am happy for the guy to take some time to decide whether he wants to come. This often happens when one person is weighing up whether they wish to take on a new job.

Better for him to take time and then make the right decision than to be regretting his choice. If he signs, he will be okay. If he doesn't sign, see you later.

It is what happens after you sign that counts.

swoop link said:
Poor old Joe, who portrays himself as a good honest christian, but looks like a money hungry grub. He's been on a 350k contract for the past few seasons when he was at souths and prepared to play for their feeder club because he couldn't crack 1st grade. Now he's baulking at the Manly contract because he has to travel to Manly from the west or stay at crusher's place. All too hard for Joe and with that attitude I hope he stays at the Eels.

Let's look for a younger replacement who would be happy to play for 125k per season.

You cant fault a guy for putting his family first

Dan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181217.msg234254#msg234254 date=1248997005]

You cant fault a guy for putting his family first
[/quote]

I get sick of this stuff Dan, how many posters here earn over 100k per year? I don't blame players for going for the best deal but if they don't put in after signing the contract then I have my reservations.

As you said let's pull the contract off the table as I believe Joe hasn't got the right attitude to put on a Manly jumper.

BTW Dan if he was putting his family first why is he baulking at it. He'll probably be offered less to stay at the Eels.

Recently our recruitment team rarely gets it wrong. Joe is now 31 and if he didn't contact the Eagles then his attitude and professionalism must be questioned. There may be nothing in the rumour that God spoke to him letting him know that his cuz had cooked up pork bones and puha at the time of the meeting. Then again, maybe he just couldn't be ass'd.

swoop link said:

Pretty harsh.  He is considering his family.  Being at Manly means he would need to spent 2hrs + commuting each day.  And that is using the quickest route with all the tolls which are about $15 each way.  I would not be overly keen on the idea if I was him.  

I can't see what this guys problem is.  Travelling time from St. Marys to Brookvale Oval or Narrabeen is only about 1 to 1.5 hrs.  There's definitely ways he could manage his time so that he gets quality time with his family...

I know where I would rather spend my time if I had a choice between St marys & Narrabeen

Garts link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181217.msg234254#msg234254 date=1248997005]

Pretty harsh.  He is considering his family.  Being at Manly means he would need to spent 2hrs + commuting each day.  And that is using the quickest route with all the tolls which are about $15 each way.  I would not be overly keen on the idea if I was him.  
[/quote]

He won't be getting 125k per season if he stays with the Eels.

I think most people would jump at 125k per year playing a game they love.

I am sure he realises that but is obviously happy to stay there for a lower amount.  If I was in his shoes I would do the same and accept an offer of $80k compared to $125k.  Not having to spend 3 hrs commuting each day, not having to pay the extra costs of petrol and tolls and getting more time with the family.  What I think is poor is that he did not show up or even call.

As for the choice of spending time at St Mary's or Narrabeen Wheel obviously Narrabeen wins if we are talking about living there but he is not going to be living there.  For training who cares if you train at Parra or Narrabeen.  Running on a footy field is the same anywhere. 

I was doing the castle hill to Manly commute each day for work, I loved the job but chucked it in within a month and half as it was taking me up to 4 hours to do the commute each day.

I can see why he's hesitant about it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6