• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Have been watching him closely since we stitched him up for next season, and I get more impressed each week, he is running the ball with venom and making very good metres

If he can carry this form here, we will have a top buy, and he can fill the role Hall did in 08 for us with ease

He's good enough to replace Kite on the bench right now.  I just hope his head's in the right place next year and doesn't pine for his old team the Eels

He is a pretty professional bloke, will be good for the younger guys in the squad. Read an interview with him during the week and he said he was really looking forward to getting here

I really think we should buy kingston too apartly the eels cant offord to pay him next year and he's only been on 50k + match payments - would make a good replacement for heath for 20min a game,

He was strong for the eels v the dogs. his experience was telling a number of times, not least being there for the try.

if he stays healthy he should be good value next year. we're collecting vintage penrith players; maybe some private hobby of des's.

The problem with signing Kingston, and it is with a lot of these fringe blokes, is that their match payments from this season, would go towards our salary cap next season, which is stupid really

So whatever we end up signing him for, we would have to put an extra amount of $$$ onto our cap, I read something along the lines of Kingston having 60,000 added to his price based on this years match payments

Garts link said:
Sack Orford and sign Robson for $300k. 
hhahahahaa
if ox goes we should sign no one and keep the cash to resign jamie, choc, foran and co

Kiwi Eagle link said:
The problem with signing Kingston, and it is with a lot of these fringe blokes, is that their match payments from this season, would go towards our salary cap next season, which is stupid really

So whatever we end up signing him for, we would have to put an extra amount of $$$ onto our cap, I read something along the lines of Kingston having 60,000 added to his price based on this years match payments

I thought that only counted if they stayed at the same club

For once Cliffy and I agree.  Good to see you're looking at possibilities without the rose glasses Cliffy.  See Orford off and develop what we've got for a tilt at three years from now.  The immediate seems not possible with the lineup we've presently got.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181828.msg243393#msg243393 date=1254007131]

I thought that only counted if they stayed at the same club
[/quote]

The was an article in the Tele this week saying that no one will be able to afford him because next year the 50k he's on now will be 110k counted towards the salary cap, because as KE says match payments will count towards whoever he plays for salary cap.

The additional payments should count for the teams cap which he played for this year.  If he got $60k in match payments then that 60 should count in Parras cap next year as they got the benefit not the team who signs him.  Farking stupid if that is how it works, it makes no sense whatsoever.

What happens is if you have a player on a $50,000 contract and $3000 a game in match payments, he will go into the cap this year at $50,000,\" explains Panthers coach Matt Elliott.

\"But if he is on the same deal next year, and he has played 10 games this year, then he goes into the salary cap at $50,000, plus the $30,000 he got during the year in match payments, plus another $30,000 because they think he will play another 10. So he is on $50,000, but his salary cap value becomes $110,000.

from http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kevin-kingston-dudded-by-ridiculous-rule/story-e6frexnr-1225779730506

Central Coast Eagle link said:
What happens is if you have a player on a $50,000 contract and $3000 a game in match payments, he will go into the cap this year at $50,000,\" explains Panthers coach Matt Elliott.

\"But if he is on the same deal next year, and he has played 10 games this year, then he goes into the salary cap at $50,000, plus the $30,000 he got during the year in match payments, plus another $30,000 because they think he will play another 10. So he is on $50,000, but his salary cap value becomes $110,000.

from http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kevin-kingston-dudded-by-ridiculous-rule/story-e6frexnr-1225779730506

So this is probably the reason why Des doesn't like to blood the junior & fringe players.  It adds to the following year's cap.

I can't see us even considering Kingston.

Wasn't the whole reason to let Heath go because we're moving away from the two hooker style and opening up a bench position for another forward? (Give the backrowers the same rotation as the props).

If we were to sign Kingston (or any other 1st grade hooker), I'd be pretty annoyed that we just didn't keep Heath.

Lets hope Parra lose on the weekend, we dont want him getting our syndrome from this year, losing could put some fire in his belly

Notice most of his family are missing after the tsumani - hope this doesn't affect him like a family tragedy appears to have affected Kite

Yes good point Wheel I was wondering the same thing yesterday. If the worst happens and Joe has family members who have died in the tsunami, it possibly might badly effect both him and the team a bit like Glenn Hall's tragedy prior to the game vs Melbourne a few weeks ago.

Outside chance is it might pull Parra together closer with extra resolve ya just never know.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7