Gambling: Electronic Betting Terminal vs Counter Terminal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do Touchscreen Electronic Betting Terminal machines lead to increased betting?

• The Touchscreen EBT Machines lead to lots more betting, compared to the counter terminal.

• The Touchscreen EBT Machines lead to a little more betting, compared to the counter terminal.

• There's little difference between them in terms of general venue gambling trends.

• The Touchscreen EBT Machines lead to a bit less betting, compared to the counter terminal.

• The Touchscreen EBT Machines lead to far less betting, compared to the counter terminal.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ssar

Bencher
The modern Touchscreen TAB Electronic Betting Terminal (EBT) machines, which require no staff human contact to insert cash and place bets in many NSW pubs, clubs & TAB centres seem pretty handy.

The traditional staffed bar/counter TAB Betting Terminal using the hardcopy paper betting slips which punters fill out & insert into the terminal, processed by the staff operator who handles the cash transaction also seem easy to use.

Many venues have both types of these betting terminals these days, some other states would have similar setups.

And of course, online betting via PC, smart device, tablet etc. is growing in popularity and also easy.

Disregarding online/device betting, as well as the venue installation & running costs of the different terminals, if a venue several years ago added either 1 Touchscreen Electronic Betting Terminal (EBT) machine, OR instead 1 staffed counter Betting Terminal, which would have been more likely to attract more betting by more punters?

Question: Do the Touchscreen Electronic Betting Terminal (EBT) machines, compared to the traditional counter terminal, lead to significantly more punters betting?

The only thing I know is that since Zorba has been haunting the local pub's TAB in the warmer months I ,when I have a infrequent bet, use my sons sports bet account in order that I don't get locked up for punching a hole in my manners...

Consumers like to talk to the experts. I'd say phone betting leafs to more betting.

Do Australians lose $30 billion per year betting?
If so, I expect EBT will make that easier.
If not less painful.

Do Australians lose $30 billion per year betting?
If so, I expect EBT will make that easier.
If not less painful.
Account betting allows a disassociation from the amount being spent. When not handing over cash ( whatever your spending it on) we are less aware of the value of the monies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6