GAME DAY - Eels vs Sea Eagles [Round 1, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Footy - finally :clap::clap::clap:
(I asked @Dan to get the syntax to pull in Team info in Game Day Threads as this new site does not have the prefix)
I was also holding off posting, till the contract negotiations (that Foz and only Foz stated as being prior to Season start) were settled :wait: :whew::punch: Not to be :cool:
Hope they both stay as they really balance each other well.:football:

Now, on the footy side, I attended the Narra Trial and loved what I saw.
Blake Leary will amaze those who have not seen him yet.
Played long minutes and was always in support. Choc will not be missed IMO

Mateo put on a couple of passes that reminded me of Cliffy - they just floated out when no pass was on - truly a sublime Player.
I'm not aware of his past, apart from that 20 minute segment in the 2011 GF where he almost won the Warriors the Game. So hopefully the change in scenery has him focused. @:)

Brayden Williame was also amazing. So if Cheyse does not lift, we have an able replacement.

I am also of the belief that Mase will kick on at Manly.
His positivism can only inspire the young Players and give the Older Players an alternate viewpoint to 'Under The Radar' @:cool: Love his unabashed joy of playing footy @:)

2015 #YearOfTheGoatPhotos and Sea Eagles Premiership #9 #GoManly:handok:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eels v Sea Eagles - Fri 6 Mar, 7:45pm (AEDT), Pirtek Stadium

Eels
1 Will Hopoate:crossmark:
2 Semi Radradra
3 Beau Champion
4 Brad Takairangi
5 Reece Robinson
6 Corey Norman
7 Chris Sandow
8 Darcy Lussick:crossmark:
9 Nathan Peats
10 Tim Mannah (c)
11 Manu Ma'u
12 Tepai Moeroa
13 Anthony Watmough:crossmark:

Interchange
14 Isaac De Gois
15 Joseph Paulo
16 Junior Paulo
17 David Gower:crossmark:
18 Danny Wicks
19 Pauli Pauli

Coach: Brad Arthur:crossmark:

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Cheyse Blair
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Clinton Gutherson
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Willie Mason
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Tom Symonds
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Blake Leary
16 James Hasson
17 Luke Burgess
18 Justin Horo

Coach: Geoff Toovey:locomotive:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME: EELS V SEA EAGLES DATE: FRIDAY 6TH MARCH 2015
VENUE: PIRTEK STADIUM NRL KICK OFF: 7.45PM AEDT [NINE]
REFEREE: Matt Cecchin :banghead: VIDEO REFEREES: Bernard Sutton
ASSIST REFEREE: Henry Perenara Luke Patten
TOUCH JUDGES: Brett Suttor EVALUATOR: Russell Smith
Nick Beashel MATCH DAY COACH:Russell Smith
STANDBY: Lawrence McDonell JERSEY COLOUR: Red

Manly 13+ :h:

I've been rapping Leary for about 6 months on here, I'll give you a big tip, mark him down for Rookie of the Year.

I watched him in the QLD Cup after we announced we had bought him and through " wow star of the future" but how's he going to get a start with Choc in the team.......well now Whatamouth has departed put this young man down as the next Eagles superstar.

Last edited:
I've been rapping Leary for about 6 months on here, I'll give you a big tip, mark him down for Rookie of the Year.

I watched him in the QLD Cup after we announced we had bought him and through " wow star of the future" but how's he going to get a start with Choc in the team.......well now Whatamouth has departed but this young man down as the next Eagles superstar.
Do you reckon he'll be game day start? As in pressure off the rookie move (so we won't name him to start) or a bench guy for the season?

Do you reckon he'll be game day start? As in pressure off the rookie move (so we won't name him to start) or a bench guy for the season?
He will start off the bench to begin with, but what I saw ( over about 4-5 games) he's an 80 minute player.

Tackles like a demon, fast, aggressive , good hands, and with a stack of potential , you just watch him ( if he gets a start)

I watched him in the QLD Cup after we announced we had bought him and through " wow star of the future" but how's he going to get a start with Choc in the team.......well now Whatamouth has departed but this young man down as the next Eagles superstar.
Agree totally. When I heard we had signed him I watched him in Qcup last year. Jus feel he is going to be a younger, smarter, more skilled version of what once was a great wrecking ball of a player for us but turned into an Olympic class fwit. In fact Blake and Jake T are about the only things I'm excited about at the moment and I wish Tooves had given JakeT the nod for fri night.

Agree totally. When I heard we had signed him I watched him in Qcup last year. Jus feel he is going to be a younger, smarter, more skilled version of what once was a great wrecking ball of a player for us but turned into an Olympic class fwit. In fact Blake and Jake T are about the only things I'm excited about at the moment and I wish Tooves had given JakeT the nod for fri night.
One advantage of living in QLD, is you do get the Intrust Super QLD cup on TV, and it's ( in my opinion ) superior in its quality to the NSW cup, although I know the NSW team did win last years GF ( which was one of the best parts of the whole day, that game was a pearler ).

I'd just love to see Blake, Jake and Chee-Kam come along and just explode for us in the forwards this year and revitalise our pack. Their enthusiasm with the experience of Big Willy, Lawrence, Buhrer, Mateo, Ballin ,Tommy S and Horo would be awesome with a fit and firing backline. We have the personel I just question if we have the team harmony to bring it all together. It's totally up to those 2 in the halves to bring this all together. My god if they don't it will be an apocalyptic meltdown on here.:sweating::sweating::sweating:

He must be impressing so far to get names on the bench above some of the other fringe pplayers.

@mickqld More important mate is will 2V give them a chance.

I know every game is 2 points and they are all important, but I'm hoping he gives these fringe guys a run earlier in the year when the pressure to win isn't quite as high ( or the pressure not to fail perhaps).

It seems Blake has impressed early but I'd also like to see Jake and MCK get runs early on.

@mickqld More important mate is will 2V give them a chance.

I know every game is 2 points and they are all important, but I'm hoping he gives these fringe guys a run earlier in the year when the pressure to win isn't quite as high ( or the pressure not to fail perhaps).

It seems Blake has impressed early but I'd also like to see Jake and MCK get runs early on.
Blake is a goer and so is Jake T but from what i have seen this MCK does not inspire me .

If our boys turn up, and play reasonably well we will school these pretenders. If we don't, we are vulnerable. Simple as that...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6