Game day experience (round 25)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Slide

Reserve Grader
Hi all,

I just received a membership email from the club asking me to vote for one of several options for our last Brooky match of 2015 (things like live music, commemorative coin, jumping castle etc).

My reply to the email was:

"For a game-day experience I'd like to see Coach Geoff Toovey recognised in front of the home crowd in his last match as head coach of the Sea Eagles at Brooky. His exemplary record in a most difficult chapter of club history (probably only second to the joint venture in difficulty) was handled with professionalism and the highest standard of sportsmanship and excellence including:

- bringing together a team of high level coaching, training & support staff on a shoestring with no notice
- reaching a grand final in his second year as coach (& being hard-done by to lose it)
- running equal first last year
- continuing the run of club finals appearances despite destabilising influences outside his control
- always standing up for the club, his players and the fans
- showing grace publicly when the club decided not to honour the final year of his contract"

Do you reckon they'll take it onboard??

Brilliant idea - 30 years of Service should be officially recognized@:cool:

2v must do the lap of honour with his winning Manly Team - that will be entertaining :clap:

Try stand had a standing 'Toovey,Toovey' chant after Hiku's last try.
I'm sure we will cheer the little Master again on Sunday :inlove:

I'm sure there will be big cheers from the crowd but as hypocritical as it will appear, the club owes Geoff a thank-you and should offer the crowd a chance to show our appreciation for his leadership.

How about sir cumference being sacrificed to some Lyons?
And, then, Scotty being put to the sword?
Scotty could also give a talk on how anyone could screw up up a perfectly good NRL team without too much effort.
He could also talk about how easy it is to be rich when you started rich.
Joe could do something really amazing and talk to the fans about soccer.
Bob Fulton could actually say something in public about some of the decisions he has made but not taken credit for- like his amazing sucesses in state of origin this century...

These events could take place during an ad break?

Last edited:
Back to the actual email - I didn't reply - but my initial thought was that it was pretty lazy.

Back to the actual email - I didn't reply - but my initial thought was that it was pretty lazy.
I agree, the Penns have been very lazy in not making a bigger deal of the biggest name in Manky over the last 20 years leaving the club. They owe Toovey a great deal because of his work they have bought a club that is a contender.

I agree, the Penns have been very lazy in not making a bigger deal of the biggest name in Manky over the last 20 years leaving the club. They owe Toovey a great deal because of his work they have bought a club that is a contender.
Not just that - but asking members to tell them what they want for that round. Make a ****ing decision.

I actually don't mind the idea of giving members a say occasionally except with the choices offered it will split fans so the winning option will alienate more than half those voting as they chose something else. Of course the big problem here is the timing. They just don't have any sense of where fans' hearts are at.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8