Game day last thoughts.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

effnic

Reserve Grader
Morning everyone, im sure most of you had average sleeps thinking about the game today. I just wanted to say one last thing before the game kicks off.
Win or lose today how bloody proud are we
all of this amazing, young and powerful team we have here.
Not one 'professional' tipper out there picked us to make the top 8 this year due to our new halves combo and look how they have shown these so called 'experts'.
Even DCE has shocked myself this year. I mean i heard the kid was good but he came up to first grade like it was just another day on the footy field and owned the competition. This kid was made to play the game.
Anyway i cant hide my excitement for tonights game its gonna be awesome and another page shall be written in the proud history books of the mighty Manly warringah sea eagles.
No matter what happens tonight i know they will be giving there all out there, and by 9:30pm tonight this team of rookies and has beens that couldnt even make the top 8 according to most might just be on there way to another grand final appearance.

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!

I love my manly sea eagles.

We will win, but saying that regardless of the result we have exceeded expectations this year and the boys have all done us proud. Especially the young guys on the team.

I am very envious of the MWTS and others who will be at the game tonight, work has been conspiring to keep me away this last few weeks, chant loud for me, make some noise and help the boys get to the GF where we belong.

I'll be there tonight, in the middle of the MWTS and cheering and singing very loudly. Play to our potential and we'll win. The Bronco's can say all they like but the simple fact is the loss of Lockyer isn't just going to hurt them, it's going to wreck their plans.....they rarely win without him, and to lose him in such a big match is more than just a blow, it's game changing.

Being from where I am we get the Donkeys live EVERY Friday night and due to this I have watched most of their games in 2012, he's their "go to" man, he's the one that has lobbed all the kicks that yow yee has scored off, he's the one that marshalls them when they are down, he's the one who sets them up...and he's NOT going to be there.

Oh sure they will be confident, and they'll defend as tough their lives depend on it but the simple fact is they will NOT be as good as they have been...without him they go back several pegs.

As I say play to our potential and we should win, take them as though the game is ours before we kick off and we could be in trouble.

Otherwise I still expect to be selling my Grand Final packages come Monday!!

Catching my flight in a few hours and am ready for a BIG night!

massive day of work ahead. Happy with that...otherwise I'd end up on here all day freaking out till game time. :rolleyes:

Gordy has fired up our forwards by labeling them soft - so I am expecting to 'feel the earth move' as the Sea Eagles Rock :D

I was dozing at 1.30 last night and thought of the game. My heart rate suddenly jumped up to about 120. I had to think of something else to get back to sleep.

Morning effnic. yeah last night I had 'nightmares' waking up a few times thinking "bloody hell Lockyer's playing".....hahaha pretty funny thinking back about it.

Reckon its a good sign that Manly is going to win well and Locky won't play and will sneak out of the stadium with his tail between his legs

Good interview last night on Ch 9 from Kieran Foran...how cool and relaxed under pressure is that bloke?

Mark from Brisbane said:
...Being from where I am we get the Donkeys live EVERY Friday night and due to this I have watched most of their games in 2012, ...!

Hey Mark, if you can see into the future whats Saturdays lotto numbers, lol!

GO MANLY!!!

Ill be at home, on the couch supporting the eagles surrounded by whats important to me, my family. My wife, once a cowboys fan who converted almost instantly when she realised how passionate i was about footy first and then My team. My 6 yo son growing up in brisbane who proudly sprukes manly, its his team because its his daddies team and he wont support anyone else. I know at time its hard for him and I dont need him to support Manly and have given him his choice to make if it becomes hard , but he never waivers.

For those reasons I want to be where my family is when Manly play. It just feels so right. Ive done the trips had a great time but a win never tastes sweeter than with the people who support you through all the times. Its great to share the spoils of victory with your own tribe

My wife being the girl she is happily supports me and advised me to travel down tonight and to the GF, even though she leaves to chicago tomorrow morning and arrives home on the morning of the GF. We could essentially pass the child baton at the airport

But Manly family is manly family , and i will sit tonight, fired up, knowing win lose or draw, that manly is alive in theis house 24/7, 365 days a year. I will cook brekky tomorrow in my manly apron, kick a manly footy in the yard tomorrow and rubbish my parra supporting brother tomorrow at a BBQ with my sons assistance

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, what can be better than that

But **** I hate the broncos, go manly

I am very nervous. Lockyer being out could very well steel them to play above and beyond to give him the chance to go out on the field in the GF. We should be favourites but the way many are talking on here that Manly being in the GF is a fait accompli. I am not that confident.

I remeber at the start of this year saying to the missus, that this year was going to be a rebuilding year . And that in 2 - 3 we would have a cracking hot footy team , once our younger players have matured and gotten used to 1st grade footy . So win ot lose this team has done an awesome job in being where they are today. I happily admit that I under estimated the genius of Dessy and this team. Anything is possible and that's what's most in my thoughts today . Good luck fellas , do yourselves proud.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4