GAME DAY - Manly v Warriors [Round 20, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Match Officials: Referee: Grant Atkins. Assistant Referee: Gavin Reynolds.
Touch Judges: Adam Reid and Shane Rehm. Video Referees: Ashley Klein and Steve Folkes.

WARRIORS V SEA EAGLES - SAT 25 JULY, 5.00PM LOCAL (3.00PM AEST) MT SMART STADIUM

Warriors

1 Sam Tomkins
2 Glen Fisiiahi
3 Tuimoala Lolohea
4 Solomone Kata
5 Jonathan Wright
6 Chad Townsend
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Nathan Friend
10 Ben Matulino
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Simon Mannering (c)

Interchange
14 Siliva Havili
15 Sione Lousi
16 Sam Rapira
17 Albert Vete
18 Sam Lisone

Coach: Andrew McFadden

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin
10 Willie Mason
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Tom Symonds
13 Ligi Sao - MRC Charges

Interchange
14 Luke Burgess
15 Jayden Hodges
16 Justin Horo
17 Josh Starling
18 James Hasson

Coach: Geoff Toovey

upload_2015-7-21_17-48-6.png

Last edited:
If we dish up a similar performance like Monday night we will be hammered over there by 20 plus points.

I expect a better performance because they were so poor and they will lift as the Warriors will be smarting from their own belting from the chooks.

The big barrier we have is the short turn around, bloody hell, the NRL give us a 4 and half day turn around for this game, this is where the draw needs to be sorted out, not team should be playing only 5 days after its previous game.

Would love to see Lawrence back in the team but is he fit enough to play 1st grade yet?? No point rushing him back only to see him get snapped in half & go off the field injured like what happened in the 1st round against the Squeels.

2V is taking the pi*s with that team. He must play Leary, Lawrence, Sene-Lefao and Tom Turbo at the expense of Horo, Burgess, Hasson - with Huku just surviving because of the injury to DCE.

Does seem a bit odd that apparently eight of the forwards named in first grade for the weekend (nos 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18) are meant for the chop in 2016, but our NSW Cup backrow/bench against the Warriors on Saturday includes four blokes who aren’t:

11 Blake Leary
12 Michael Chee Kam
13 Jesse Sene-Lefao
Interchange

17 Brenton Lawrence

We played Monday and had to submit a Team List by Tuesday 5pm.
So lets wait till 1pm to watch on Fox, who runs around in NSW Cup@:cool:

The Warriors on game day are capable of being of being unstoppable or unacceptable . I hope we can get them in the latter

Familiar faces expected to front in 2016
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 22, 2015 5:39PM
  • Geoff Toovey

DESPITE what has been reported this week, I would be very surprised if the club sheds up to 14 contracted players ahead of the 2016 NRL campaign.

I was disappointed to see their futures in the public spotlight — to be honest, it was un-Manly like.

The reality is every team in the NRL has a roster turnover of some description at the end of each season.

Either players are off contract or seeking a possible release to secure an opportunity elsewhere.

It is the nature of the beast. They need to look after their best interests and the code is subsequently treated like a business.

story-fngr8iii-1227452895807

Time will tell who will actually be on our books next year. People can speculate or report what they like.

But I do wonder why you never hear about supposed major roster overhauls in the media from the likes of the Roosters, Bulldogs or Broncos?

It is safe to assume if we were comfortably nestled in the top eight it would be purely speculation.

TOUGH FLIGHT AHEAD

WE FLY across the ditch on Thursday morning ahead of Saturday’s game with the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

Their unpredictable nature always makes them a difficult team to prepare for, but I do know they will be smarting after the Roosters touched them up at Allianz Stadium last weekend.

They grow another leg at home, and given we need to win to have any hope of playing semi-final footy we have left no stone unturned in our preparation.

We were poor in the forwards and we couldn’t contain the Cowboys on Monday once they got a roll on at Brookie. I would like to think our guys will bounce back — we have to match them physically.

THE MAGIC of JOHNSON

LIMITING the brilliance of Shaun Johnson is easier said than done.

He is certainly one of the better players in the competition with the ball in hand.

On his day he is almost unstoppable, but he can only weave his magic if we give him too much room.

It also only happens if the Warriors big men do the hard work the middle.

I think Toovey the coach has made some mistakes along the way, as do all of us in the game of life.

But to conflate buying a few average players as being somehow 'un-Manly like', is well, un-Manly like.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7