Game day threads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

For the game day thread discussions that we usually have. Whomever starts these, can you please use the new thread prefix "Game Day"

I am trialling something new with an advertiser who has asked specifically to join the site.

Kind Regards
Dan Hewes

And make them more awesome like with colour logos of both teams, other pics, previews, player lists, etc.

C'mon, creative time!

Avtually that can be done. I could use xthreads but I can easily ateast show the logos and a gew other things in the first post

Thats ok. Gives me time to perfect the code

Er I actually meant the creators (us) could get creative....but then I realised that Dan's idea is better and maybe we don't have the *cough* skill to ...well....you...know.

globaleagle said:
Er I actually meant the creators (us) could get creative....but then I realised that Dan's idea is better and maybe we don't have the *cough* skill to ...well....you...know.

Well all you need to do would be use the img tags. However I can be extra creative and take the pressure off of you guys...awww feel the love

Dan said:
globaleagle said:

Well all you need to do would be use the img tags. However I can be extra creative and take the pressure off of you guys...awww feel the love

Well I knew that but I thought you were saying you'd do it and then I mentioned that I initially meant that we'd to it and then I thought you were saying that most of us are luddites and that you'd do it and now you're saying you wanted us to do it but you'll do it as we don't know what img tags are which I thought was weird to hint that I didn't know what an img tag is as haven't you seen hat's thread?

Feeling da luv

haha.

Nah i will automate things for us

I am experimenting with this more. It's difficult to get this to work with showing the images etc automatically.

However There is a way I can probably do this.

That is in the thread title to have
the words [Round x 2013]

So you would have for the next one

Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 16 2013]

That way I can do a lookup on those that round and get the game and insert both the score and everything else in one go without you guys having to do that.

What are your thoughts on this as an option?

If it is forgotten, I can always add it myself when I see the thread

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8