Games Best Player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Without bias who would you say is the games best player ?

Surely Hayne, Inglis etc must be up there. My vote would be Brett Stewart.

on current form

Hayne

Thurston is consistently good but has a lot of crap in his game too

Hayne is awesome at the moment and can do no wrong

you start by saying "without bias", and then go for a guy who has played 2 games all year???

has to be Hayne at the moment, was NSW best player by a length, and is absolutely on fire.

and it sux to say that as I hate the eels.

i was basing my opinion on the last few years not just this year.

At the moment I agree its Hayne

Short Term - Hayne
Year - Choc
Long Term - Thurston or Lockyer
Ever - Cliff Lyons (no bias).

I don't think Hayne's defense is very good, nor Thurston's.  These sort of best player things are silly really.  Players across the field have different roles.  Where is Choc in this equation?  I'd be putting him up there with Lyon.    

The top of my criteria list is a player than can turn a game on its head and influence it to the point of winning.

Hayne at the moment is the "it" man.

Hayne's attack is stupendous at the moment but up until Origin he was pretty average. His defence is also pretty average. Stewart is one of the best in the game but has to prove it again.

Choc is up there, though his defensive lapses were costly earlier in the year. Lockyer and Thurston must rate highly as their times are very ordinary without them.

To save an argument, just pick Beaver, who is one of the best to have ever laced a boot. :)

if you are talking about pure footballing ability A Johns must be pretty close to the best ever.

For all his faults the guy could play the game

If it is based on this year's form Hayne is the one standout player and wins easily for me. Choc a close second, then a bunch of players like Ennis, Folau (12 tries from 14 games), Sailor (don't laugh, 13 tries, 2866 mts and an amazing 342 hit ups but few tackles) along with the Terryiaki kid with similar stats, and even Gimmemorely has to be in the running, dependant on his finals form.

The way Darren Lockyer is playing at present he'd take my vote....more a long term performer than Hayne who has been gerat just for one year.

But it's a hard question, Lockyer hasn't played well all year (and to be honest neither has Hayne).

The question is too open.

It needs to be who is the best player this year, or over the past 3 years, or 5 years.

If I could take any player now, and have them until the end of this season it would be Hayne first, daylight second.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6