G'day from the West

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Hi silvertails, I'm way out west and I've only had a govt computer to use so I've been missing joining in on all the latest. I bet this site was hot during the salary cap Storm.
Went to the local RSL to watch the Sea Eagles v Titans and was the only one there besides the bar man. The boys should have won that one. Anyway good on 'em for beating the bunnies. My tip for the Saturday is Manly 50 - Dragons 0.

Jeez not that far, South Western QLD. It's a real novelty for me as I've never been a country girl, always been 5 mins from the ocean and I'm missing it. I went to a rodeo last weekend and those cowboys were way hotter than Thurston.

My brother lives at Randwick and he thinks anyone who lives on the other side of Anzac Parade is from the west

Hi Nicci good to hear from you, I will settle for a 1 point win tomorrow night.  Just praying for s couple of dragon injuries however will settle for a Camron Smith broken arm

I do miss mucking around on this site. I've got some limited internet now so I'll be able to sneak on from time to time. I'm still tipping Manly for tonight. In reality, not by 50 but it sounds good. Go boys. There's a Manly supporter stuck out in the red dust cheering for you.

2830 Eagle link said:
My brother lives at Randwick and he thinks anyone who lives on the other side of Anzac Parade is from the west

When i was growing up, it was anyone on the wrong side of Pittwater Rd in DY that was considered too far west.

Canteen Worker link said:
My wife left Balgowlah for Epping and may have well moved to Perth or South Africa as far as her friends went.

Mine is a Sydney girl too Dave, would you believe she had friends who got lost trying to find Bathurst. How hard can it be, get on the great western highway and don't turn .

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=2830 Eagle link=topic=183246.msg261858#msg261858 date=1273228711]

When i was growing up, it was anyone on the wrong side of Pittwater Rd in DY that was considered too far west.
[/quote]

These days my cut off point is the Wakehurst Parkway.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=TokyoEagle link=topic=183246.msg261919#msg261919 date=1273298814]
[quote author=2830 Eagle link=topic=183246.msg261858#msg261858 date=1273228711]

[/quote]

These days my cut off point is the Wakehurst Parkway.
[/quote] Yep !

Hey nicci. What happened to the Goldie? Is this way out west thing a permanent move?

My wife is from the real west...campbletown...

When i grew up pretty much harbord road was the cutoff, but I think in reality it was more like pittwater rd

Dan link said:

When i grew up pretty much harbord road was the cutoff, but I think in reality it was more like pittwater rd

Oh we're much more broadminded these days Dan......like Wheel says anything west of Wakehurst Parkway is definitely injun country  8)

Keep flying the maroon and white out there nicci! What are you doing: home dodgy insulation or building school halls?

Dan link said:

When I was growing up in Mona Vale and Newport, I thought that where we used to live up at Ingleside was too far west.

Little did I know that when I grew up and started working that I would join the RAAF and spend over a year living and working at Wagga Wagga and close to 17 years working out at Richmond and a couple of years working at Regents Park and living at Richmond, Kingswood, South Penrith, Werrington, and Chipping Norton. Now that was too far west from the Peninsular. 

The thing is, now that I have been away for such a long time and having lived a further 8 years up at Bureigh Waters on the Gold Coast and a year or so up here at Hervey Bay, I find that going back to the Northern Beaches is a nice place to visit as I have a lot of good memories growing up there but I find that I wouldn't want to live there again. The place has just changed too much and it's just too busy for my liking now. I've got quite used to the s-s-l-l-o-o-w-w  p-a-c-e of QLD.

have to agree about how busy it is.

The best part of the place is the memories and being able to see friends and do things you did years ago, but it probably isn't really my cup of tea anymore

Dan link said:
have to agree about how busy it is.

The best part of the place is the memories and being able to see friends and do things you did years ago, but it probably isn't really my cup of tea anymore

Agreed about the memories but the friends part tends to disappear over the years with people moving on with their lives.  After joining up with facebook, I was surprised to find so many have moved away (be it overseas, WA, various parts of northern NSW, the Gold Coast or other parts of QLD).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6