Generation Next

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It certainly could be the continuation of a start of sorts @eagles2win...lol.

Hiku, Horo, Lawrence, JSL.
Added to Starling, Hasson, Lui, Symonds and now Littlejohn today

With Hodges, Jake T, Cuthbo and others on the cusp...the next wave looks so bright we ought a' wear shades! B-)

If we can slowly replace the Killers, Chocs, Snakes etc over the next 3-5 years with these youngsters.....great stuff. It's certainly not doom and gloom!

Who is bigger, Foran or Liitlejohn ? Is Foz bound for lock? Or to put this all another way - How could we fit all three halves into the Manly lineup ?
Am so impressed with JLJ.

Who is faster?
Who has the better passing game?
Who has the better kicking game too??

I see Foz as our next captain when Killer retires,
but what a promising dilemna that could develop with Foz, Cherry and Lil Jon ( and Ferris if we can retain him too).

Don't want to put too much pressure on JLJ just yet, but wasn't yesterday's win just what we needed after the grief and post-mortem of losing Gift!?!

MadMarcus said:
Is Littlejohn from NSW?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's only played one NRL match, and the opposition wasn't exactly applying the blowtorch!

Kicking seems to be his strength, but not his only strength. Excellent pass to DCE for Snake's try.

Fair enough!

And we are swiftly achieving an all-representative forward pack - Lui & JSL for Samoa, Hasson has played for Ireland, Gift and Choc obviously for NSW & Australia, King & Buhrer for NSW, Ballin for Qld, Symonds for City.

Oh, and Lawrence may get a run for Qld this year. (did I forget any?)

Horo, Starling and Lawrence are the only Manly Players without representative honours in the whole Team, including the bench :angel:

Update from Wikipedia:
In 2010, Horo played for the New Zealand Māori team against England

Starling was named at prop in the 2013 New South Wales Cup Team of the Year.

Lawrence, a former Australian Schoolboy rep in 2002

I have always thought that Foran was a more natural centre. I think he played a lot of his junior footy there in any case. If we can hang on to Littlejohn I see him as a 5/8th and Foz to centre when either Matai or Jamie retires. Now that we have Hiku re-signed we have the Snake replacement pencilled in.

Dont mean to be too negative but.. Littlejohn played well yesterday, but I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves with talks of moving a champion 5/8th to accommodate him.
I recall similar raps on Michael Witt after a few wins early in 2005.

Absolutely @Pepi and we don't want to put unnecessary pressure on the kid!
I think it's a bit of post-blitz bliss and ppl are just having a bit of fun speculating.

Long way to go for JLJ and others but credit where and when it's due!

Littlejohn is a lot larger than his name suggests. I thought he was excellent yesterday.
What irks me, though, is that whenever a 'replacement' is called up from the NSW Cup they show their obvious talent, yet when they return to NSW Cup they don't reproduce it. Blair is another good example; he was excellent in first grade and is now ordinary in Reserve grade. There is something really wrong with our NSW Cup team. The results don't correlate with the talent within the team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7