Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ahhh, I see, it's all Manly's fault.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmoughs-family-gutted-about-star-being-forced-out-of-manly-20141028-11d6ig.html

.....The father of Anthony Watmough says the family is "gutted" that the NSW and Australian international has been forced out of Manly and into the colours of arch rivals Parramatta.

"The family is shell-shocked," John Watmough said.

"We're gutted, we wanted to see our son fulfil his dream of playing out of the one club. Now it's not going to happen."

Asked if it would be surreal seeing his son run out for traditional rivals Parramatta, John said: "Of course it will. I've been brought up in the area. But I want to speak to Choc before I make too many comments." (good, then you can return to the press and fix up your mistake of claiming choc was forced)

yadda yadda yadda ......

edit: usual disclaimers about the accuracy of the press apply.

RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

sounds to me that Choc was only talking it up to get his way , however Manly started planning for life without him after he made it clear he didn't want to apparently be there.

What do you do , if im that buinsness the desicion is pretty simple, if you dont want to be here, after everything we've done together, then go... He was prob trying to get a bit more for the retirment fund, but he bit off more than he can chew.

I dont think he is really bitter, end of the day I work in Parramatta myself, and I see Anthony Watmough walking around Parramatta more often than not the last 2 years.

I think he doesn't want to be there now because Hayne isnt there anymore!!! The pressure is all on him now to peform

Diddums.

so his old man has let the cat out of the bag. If you want to earn some fast money, play poker against Choc. His bluff is sh.thouse...

Waiting for a Danny Weidler exclusive on 9 news......

He carried on cannot do anything about it. He wanted to stay he needed to state that to club through his manager i am guessing he never discussed this.
Club guessing had enough of players managers stuffing them about.

The other thing here - 4 year deal. Ugh. No thanks...

So what is he saying? That Choc was just revving it all up? Anyone? Anyone? Buhrer?

Remember in that vid when DCE was asked who the most annoying team mate was and he laughingly said Choc? Well everyone stopped laughing and it was still him...

The Watmough family are surely having a larf.

Forced out psshh. He was offered a 2 year deal worth 600K a year and he turned it down.

What a load of crap, he went to the whinging worms cause they offered him 3 years blah blah blah

We do not need any player who openly slags off the club about his contract and the contracts of others, is a disruptive and malignant force that contributed to ruining 2014.

Choc I loved your work for this club but you have decided your future is away from here. So please just move on from this!!~

And what's Ricky gonna do now that Penn has said Snake is here till 2016..? Poor Ricky snubbed again...

Put simply, he played with fire and he just got burnt. I am disappointed he is gone because he is a Manly legend, but he has no one else to blame but himself & his Manager.

Who woulda thunk it? Honestly, did not see this coming.

SeaEagle007 said:
sounds to me that Choc was only talking it up to get his way , however Manly started planning for life without him after he made it clear he didn't want to apparently be there.

What do you do , if im that buinsness the desicion is pretty simple, if you dont want to be here, after everything we've done together, then go... He was prob trying to get a bit more for the retirment fund, but he bit off more than he can chew.

I dont think he is really bitter, end of the day I work in Parramatta myself, and I see Anthony Watmough walking around Parramatta more often than not the last 2 years.

I think he doesn't want to be there now because Hayne isnt there anymore!!! The pressure is all on him now to peform

Spot on I think, and you have to admit really really sad, he played the poker game, bluffed ,and if we believe what we are hearing is now shattered to be leaving.

There's an old saying my old man used to live by " you reap what you sow"

I wish Choc all the best, but to me sounds like he was out manoeuvred by the savvy Manly recruitment committee.

I think he wanted out because of the Glenn Stewart drama. He blamed Phil Sidney for that. Once Quantum (and Sidney) were bought out by the Penns, he then wanted to stay, but Manly had already moved on and signed replacements.
At the golden Wings members cocktail party earlier this year, we were chatting with a player when Phil Sidney walked in. Choc came up to the player we were chatting to and nodded towards Sidney and said 'He'd better not come near me'.

I'm posting from Paris, the city of love.
And I can say whilst my heart bleeds for Choc leaving (seriously I don't want to see him play for Parra), he only has himself to blame...as has been pointed out by many already.
Au revoir Monsieur Anthony, thankyou for your service over the years

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8