Geoff Toovey interview 27/01/2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very comprehensive interview. One interesting aspect was Tooves nominating Michael Chee-Kam as a forward "to watch".

Very comprehensive interview. One interesting aspect was Tooves nominating Michael Chee-Kam as a forward "to watch".
This is in line with the write ups in the Manly Daily. The gist is that if he can crack the squad then he's primed for a big year (contract year not withstanding).

He may actually be well suited to a spot up the middle with the rule changes. Guys like him, Lawrence and JSL being ex backs could carve up if the play the ball gets faster...

2V Quote " Michael Chee Kam has had a number of injuries over the years He was a bright talent coming from the 20s
I think you might see his head pop up some time this year IF HE DOES A GOOD JOB. We will see him playing in the middle there some where " end quote

Yeah toovs seem intent to give him a go, last year he noted that as well. Time will tell given our backrow talent i am surprised but toovs is the coach.

Who does MCK squeeze out for a backrow spot ?? On current form

Ferris - No
Lui - No
T-Red - No
JSL - No
Horo - perhaps
Mateo - who knows how Mateo will perform - at his best then No.

Then you have guys like Leary knocking on the door as well. Maybe if Ferris misses the start of the season and trial form/injuries for incumbents open the door for him, but I can't see him being a starter first up

They seem to be talking him up as more of a front than back rower. Probably interchange. Mason/Lawrence to start then Mason off, size/speed on.

I think Toovey is just throwing some chum in the water to see if any other clubs circle in for a look. More money for the halves??

So today we've had:

- Tooves say he's confident our halves will re-sign
- Reynolds re-sign at Souths
- Sezer say he's got no idea about an approach from Manly
- Parra have signed Quinlan immediately from the Dragons.

Something looks to be up here...

Who does MCK squeeze out for a backrow spot ?? On current form

Ferris - No
Lui - No
T-Red - No
JSL - No
Horo - perhaps
Mateo - who knows how Mateo will perform - at his best then No.

Then you have guys like Leary knocking on the door as well. Maybe if Ferris misses the start of the season and trial form/injuries for incumbents open the door for him, but I can't see him being a starter first up

Well he is stating "if he does well" which indicates to me that the trials and early season form are the consideration before he cracks firsts

We just have to accept that Foran is gone
Mm, hard to say unless you know more then the rest of us...... I think if he had made his mind up , he would come out with it..... He doesn't seem to like the hype or attention around him....

They're now reporting that Keary has resigned for an extra year too. Seems like we're only waiting on two players now...

I thought i would stick this in here as Toovs talked about this during his interview yesterday, a couple of points in there that are quite interesting:

"Toovey said Cherry-Evans, who has again been named captain, enjoyed it so much he convinced his play-making partner to join him."

"Both Foran and Cherry-Evans are off contract at season's end, but Toovey deflected when asked if he had agreed to let them play to just keep them happy.
"They want to play football, it's been a long off-season, so I think they just want to get out there and show their skills and we're looking forward to getting out there," he said.
"We're looking forward to tidying those (contract) things up so we can all get on with playing football and I'm sure the players are as well."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-...of-manly-star-halves-playing-in-nines/6051644

I think its great to hear Toovey being open about certain things at the club all positive and quietly confident about contracts and players whether it all works out how we want it too, i prefer to hear it from him then read all the rubbish that is written on speculation of whats going on

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7