Geoff Toovey poised to sign new deal with Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles fans got the good news they have been waiting for today with coach Geoff Toovey confirming that he is close to finalising a contract extension with the club.

"We have more or
epp-toovey.jpg
less come to some terms but it is not quite ready to announce anything yet," he said.

"I'm happy here and I think the club is happy to have me here."

But Toovey would not be drawn into discussing the length of the new deal.

"I don't want to go into personal details but we will announce something shortly," Toovey said.

The club legend has done an extraordinary job in the most difficult of circumstances since taking over from Des Hasler at short notice at the of end 2011.

In 2012 Toovey guided his team to the preliminary final and the grand final last season.

At the end of each season he has had to find new assistant coaches after Matt Parish and Brad Arthur were both poached by Parramatta.

"We have a couple of good years here and I have a great staff right across the board," Toovey said.

"And that is the important thing, we are a really good unit and we get on and we perform.

"And I am just part of that."

He said the staff can also feel there is a bit of security for them as well."

Sea Eagles general manager David Perry said Toovey doesn't want to go anywhere and they don't want him to go anywhere.

"We are just working through the detail," Perry said.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/geoff-toovey-poised-to-sign-new-deal-with-sea-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226818791295

SEA Eagles fans got the good news they have been waiting for today with coach Geoff Toovey confirming that he is close to finalising a contract extension with the club.

Read More

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4