George Rose Rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
There is a rumour floating around on another forum that Georgie might be going over to England with up to 4 club's chasing his services. Has anyone else heard anything about it?

From my understanding he's happy at Manly and still has a year or two at Manly

I doubt it. We got him for peanuts because of his injury. he took a risk that he would improve then busted his leg.

I dont think we would release him to ease cap pressure, and it's probably too early in his career to head over there, he still has his best years ahead of him

If Georgie went to England he'd be 150 kgs within 2 months of landing. (just up from his current 140 kgs!) :D

The only place I heard he was going,was up to Bathurst to sign some autographs and see the kids at the various schools.

Would not surprise if he was attracting interest, and I agree his last deal may have been very low. Hopefully he asks Ox how much fun it is playing over there before doing something he would later regret. Not many giraffes over there anyway  :)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Would not surprise if he was attracting interest, and I agree his last deal may have been very low. Hopefully he asks Ox how much fun it is playing over there before doing something he would later regret. Not many giraffes over there anyway  :)

and its probably colder than Bathurst!

Foran has not resigned yet.

I read an article the other day where des was quoted as saying he has agreed to terms so there is nothing to worry about and they're in no hurry to get the signature on paper.

Its very very concerning.

In fact a quick search and here is the extract from the article i speak of on the ABC website.

Hodkinson's signature comes after the Bulldogs failed to lure Parramatta half Daniel Mortimer to the club that made his surname famous.

His halves partner at the Eels, Kris Keating, was also on Canterbury's radar but has said he is keen to stay put.

The move rules the Bulldogs out of making a bid for Melbourne's Cooper Cronk should he be released as part of the Storm's salary cap fire sale.

Manly coach Des Hasler said there was no added urgency to finalise Hodkinson's Sea Eagles halves partner Kieran Foran's new deal.

Kiwi international Foran has agreed to a four-year extension in principle but is yet to sign.

"It's going along so there's no urgency, there's no panic," Hasler said on Tuesday.

He said the decision would be a weight off Hodkinson's shoulders.

Flip link said:
In fact a quick search and here is the extract from the article i speak of on the ABC website.

Hodkinson's signature comes after the Bulldogs failed to lure Parramatta half Daniel Mortimer to the club that made his surname famous.

His halves partner at the Eels, Kris Keating, was also on Canterbury's radar but has said he is keen to stay put.

The move rules the Bulldogs out of making a bid for Melbourne's Cooper Cronk should he be released as part of the Storm's salary cap fire sale.

Manly coach Des Hasler said there was no added urgency to finalise Hodkinson's Sea Eagles halves partner Kieran Foran's new deal.

Kiwi international Foran has agreed to a four-year extension in principle but is yet to sign.

\"It's going along so there's no urgency, there's no panic,\" Hasler said on Tuesday.

He said the decision would be a weight off Hodkinson's shoulders.
..  if they havent signed him ...why?????? would he put it out there so every other club can see..

its just asking for trouble..

just make out  we got him for next 4yrs without actually telling them he hasnt signed yet ...

It seems to me that with the departure of Quantum and the amount of unsigned players that we appear to be running into some financial difficulties. Trying to take games to NZ and PNG are all signs that cashflow is a major concern and so is our ability to compete.

mickqld link said:
It seems to me that with the departure of Quantum and the amount of unsigned players that we appear to be running into some financial difficulties. Trying to take games to NZ and PNG are all signs that cashflow is a major concern and so is our ability to compete.

Looks that way Mick, read on other post that Quantum sponsorship was a million/year. Thats a lot of coin to make up (mind you I'm up for a suncorp double header due to my location, selfish but why not)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4