George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Last season big George burst out of the blocks with speed and enthusiasm. In fact until he was injured I thought he was the best prop in the game. He then spent 6 weeks convalescing at Maccas in Brookvale and was useless for the rest of the season.

I was hopeful that after a good off season of training we would see that George again at the beginning of this season, but it was obvious he was struggling to get off tackled players with enough speed to avoid the inevitable penalty.

What gives? For mine he needs to lose some weight or get on a plane to England.

He doesn't take his football seriously. Never has and never will.  Off to the UK at season end Georgie porgie along with kite, Cross and King.

4 new props for next season please santa.

George has one good game in him, the indigenous one up North. Then slackens off.  I can't figure why a professional athlete would look like a pud.

DSM5 link said:
George has one good game in him, the indigenous one up North. Then slackens off.  I can't figure why a professional athlete would look like a pud.

He needs aggression in his game. Looks like the team is unmotivated for the 2nd straight year.

I suppose george is always walking a tight rope. With george carrying more than most props , it doesnt matter when he carves them up, but when his form is down it will always be an issue

In the manly colours he has been devastaing and mediocre

He will always be an impact player and if manly have plans for him to be a starting prop, and that may become reality with a combination of having less props, and a reluctance to blood youth, then donny singe better let his wife know he wont be home for dinner, until about May

But im a george fan, not just as s footy player, but he has a good time and i reckon footy is too serious , too often. He just doesnt seem to be a man that needs unwanted pressure in his life and I find that refreshing

Manly have him as an impact player, pay him accordingly, and its not his fault they have spent too much in other positions

Would he still be the same player losing 10kg. Martin bella was great just the way he was. There unusual body shapes are part of there strengths.

In the end i reckon he owes it to himself and not us, as to how could he might be if he had a 6 pack as a belly , not in it

He doesn't have many bigger fans than me but I too have been disappointed with his form since coming back from injury last year. I'll give him the season to turn it around otherwise I'll have to change my username and avatar!

I think he reads to much of his own press!
Bit of a celebrity now - look at me!
And whats with the hair cut  ::)
Needs to knuckle down!

Hate Del with a passion but he was at the top of his game for many years and consistantly.
Lard ass needs to play more than a handful of good games a year if he wants the right to say 'look at me' del style.

I like the idea of george rose....as in the personality and the feel good story behind his come back etc........but ive always seen him as being too fat and slow to be an effective first grader. Sure he might be good in small doses occasionally but ya want more than that from a 1st grader. And being a top bloke will only get you so far.......the novelty already appears to be wearing off and people want to see results.

George reminds me a lot of Mark Tookey. I think people love seeing big units like George and Tookey steamroll the opposition, trouble is the game has evolved and players have to be more explosive.
Bring on the TNT jokes.

manlyborn link said:
George reminds me a lot of Mark Tookey. I think people love seeing big units like George and Tookey steamroll the opposition, trouble is the game has evolved and players have to be more explosive.
Bring on the TNT jokes.

Hire all new players from saudi arabia?

I think the issue is that the forwards have been looking at one another to do the hard work. It's a menatility, I believe, came after a few of them got the big pay packet.

How many one out hitups have we seen all 2010 and even in the 1st round? One out hit-ups are easily read by the opposition, there needs to be 2 or 3 players in motion to keep the opposition guessing.

Also with the one out hitup the player gets gang tackle hence we get a slow play the ball and no roll-on.

We need players in motion, a quick play the ball and we can throw in a few offloads when in opposition territory.

The truth is simple - this George Rose looks like his eaten the powerhouse George from a couple of years ago who was on his way to being the celebrity player he thinks he is today......

I agree with Ralphie.  He was absolutely sensational to start last season.  Not sure of the reason/motivation but he needs to revisit that form or this should be his last year with us.

DSM5 link said:
George has one good game in him, the indigenous one up North. Then slackens off.  I can't figure why a professional athlete would look like a pud.
I can't figure out why a professional club would allow it.

George must have spent Christmas with GI. It's a disgrace that a professional athlete can get away with looking like that after a full pre season. I'd give him until round 5, if he doesn't perform piss him off to NSW cup.
I reckon a lot of people have been a bit harsh on Cross. Early on last year he was great, he kissed the emblem when he scored a try against Newcastle at Gosford last year. He was named 18th man for 7 odd weeks in a row and didn't get any game time towards the end of the season last year. When he did finally get a run he lacked match fitness. Obviously something has happened in the preseason for him to be starting in NSW cup this year. Could be an attitude problem, who knows? But, I would have thought he was the 4th best prop in the club and I was very surprised Mauro and Robinson appear to be higher up the order this year.

Good call King, it's time to start holding some of (yes, even the 2008 guys) accountable. Last seasons form was poor, and it has continued. If Choc is ****, make him play reggies, and give Harrison his spot.

Ryan link said:
Good call King, it's time to start holding some of (yes, even the 2008 guys) accountable. Last seasons form was poor, and it has continued. If Choc is s**t, make him play reggies, and give Harrison his spot.

How do you think we would have went last week without choc?  We wouldn't have gotten out of our half.  Criticise choc for a couple of mistakes is fair enough but people are delusional if they think we'd be better of without him.

Also Harrison won't play first grade while Buhrer is going good.  We can't have two undersized backrowers, especially with underperforming props.  We will get slaughtered if we do that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6