George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
George Rose not shy in coming forward
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/george-rose-not-shy-in-coming-forward/story-fngr8iii-1226649160777

WITH his contract up at the end of the season, prop George Rose has delivered an impassioned plea to remain at the Sea Eagles next year.

"Sign me up boys, sign me up," Rose said on Wednesday. "Dave Perry, Geoff Toovey sign me up please. This is my eighth season at Manly I'd love to be here 'til I can't play footy anymore."

While most players produce their best sidestep when it comes to talking about contract negotiations, big George was as direct as he is when carting up the ball on the field.

When he was running around in the Manly NSW Cup team there was a suggestion that Rose may have sought a release from the club before the June 30 deadline.

"I am a Manly boy and I always have been so I'd love to stay here longer," Rose said.

"At the same time I do want to play NRL footy it would really be a last resort for me ever to leave."

Rose was recalled to the NRL side after injuries and suspensions ruled out players Jason King, Joe Galuvao and Richie Fa'aoso.

"It gave me my opportunity it is disappointing to see guys like Kingy and Joey G miss the rest of the season," Rose said.

"I don't like to see anyone get injured.

"I have to make the most of it and hopefully do them proud as well as myself."

Rose said being out of the side made him appreciate being back.

"I have been hanging out for it quite some time. I was losing my stuff there for a little while," he said.

"It makes me realise I have to work harder and do everything that they want me to do.

"At the moment I think I am doing it, but I still want to do a lot more."

Toovey said Rose was doing a good job and what was asked of him. "The only thing players can do is stand up every week and say 'this is what I am worth and this is what I need to do' for the team and themselves," he said.

"And he is doing that at the moment."

for those that missed it last night

George on perfect partners on the footy show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rP6o3hFIl4

Berkeley_Eagle said:
for those that missed it last night

George on perfect partners on the footy show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rP6o3hFIl4
I don't normally watch the footy show but heard Georgie was on so I did. The man is hilarious. He's an asset to our club as he's an incredibly likeable media character. As for the footy side of things he steps up when needed. Hope he stays and Eagle.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Another player who's a credit to our Club.
Just wish he unbuttoned his suit coat before he sat down - looked like he was about to explode.
He's a funny character.

Yup fixed it up, let me know how it goes if it is no good I can revert back to the old one

George is a loveable guy, and Shana a lovely girl. Would like to see him stay with us, I think he is playing well.

George is a manly boy thru and thru, bleeds maroon and white, he has got to stay, great for the club off the field and is playing well enough to be in the top side. As for Tv love watching him on the barefeet football show..

Loved the poker dots!
He is playing good, his leg drive after contact is a big plus.

Another solid performance. I absolutely love George. I'd be gutted if we lost him. Come on Perry and Tooves, sign him up!

George is proving that his inclusion in the side isn't costing us in defence. At the moment there is no argument to displace him from the first grade side. We need his go forward.

I just love big Georgey! Quality player and just a bloody good bloke! I don't think any player gets a bigger cheer when they come on than the big fella.

I hope you stay George.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8